my D22 getting SAS

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah thanks jason, was also thinkin that today, maybe something along the lines of sas'd D22 build for tuff truck haha

problem with the tub is itll be a big effort to get it to fit and there wont be much tub left.

some pics from a test run yesterday, couple of little issues found, hopefully get them sorted during the week for the next test run. Pretty happy with it otherwise so far but i havent really pushed it hard yet.

IMG_0905.jpg

IMG_0912.jpg

IMG_0921.jpg

P6060738.jpg

I am guessing by the pics it pretty much went straight through there with minimal effort.

That thing is huge now, can I have a ride in it ? lol.

Awesome build Josh.

Dave.

yea dave wasnt much that took too much effort. 1 step took a bit of right foot but the step was bigger then the 42" tyre..

car won't be road legal thou will it? i thought you must of just decided to go all out and not worry about road registered. surely all that steering stuff etc can't be approved?

By the way, looks awesome, can't imagine how cool it would look in the flesh

Last edited:
nothings been done that cant be undone to get it registered. Hydro steering/rollcage/tube bar can all be undone if the engineer doesnt approve.

took it out for a drive on sunday night. didnt start wheelin till 11pm. got out bout 4am. Pulled a tyre off the bead on the first hill but after that everything worked perfectly. now have full steering and use of the coilovers at any angle.

Bit more work done today...

Added a stinger,

P6200908.jpg

P6200909.jpg

Added some more to the exo

P6200903.jpg

winch is also wired up and ready to go.

Then picked up these tonight

P6200902.jpg

There going to get some grinder action and become my rock doors.

can you get under the roller door with that light bank on?

also - do the spotties need to be "secure mounted" with something like a top bar? Pretty sure I read something that states you need to ensure they don't become projectiles if they fall off or get struck....

Whats the final paint scheme going to be? Looking great tho!!

can you get under the roller door with that light bank on?

also - do the spotties need to be "secure mounted" with something like a top bar? Pretty sure I read something that states you need to ensure they don't become projectiles if they fall off or get struck....

Whats the final paint scheme going to be? Looking great tho!!

Yeah drove out easy. no chance with the 42's on tho.
spotties are there only temporarily, if i keep them theyll go on a light bar behind the cab with a pnuematic positioning ram. I want one of those led light strips by rigid industries.
cab will stay the same colour, exo probably go with the safe black option. want to powder coat the diffs green tho.

Few pics from the weekend.

Pulled the front tailshaft out..need to get a proper one made up. And the clutch line work its way under the dump pipe and cooked it. Other then that another succesful test run.

P6270964.jpg

P6270963.jpg

P6250925.jpg

P6250920.jpg

Latest posts

Back