mine jobs

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wilba

Reaction score
Ok well I am trying to get in the mines or even a big civil site.

I have done all my coal tickets and what not. I am a excavator operator but can operate dozers. Moxy, watercarts commpackers and so on.

Its not what you know its who you know and I know no one in the mines. So can someone tell me another way to get in as I have tried seek and all the others ones cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where abouts are you? The mines are pretty hard to get into. You either have to wait for someone to die or get in with a contractor

I was going to say dead mans boots earlier when I read this as a joke, I didn't realise it was true. Things must have changed over the last few years, my second trip to Perth I put out some feelers for a job in the mines and was offered work without knowing anyone. Of course that's all changed now I know quite a few people in different mines and different areas and as a truck driver I could take up several position at short notice.

He may not be as he is not on here.

We all know you dont leave the house. Lol.

Hey that's not true, I leave the house every day, I go three steps into the office. Some days I even take the Nav out, but not days like today because it's raining and I don't want it wet or dirty. Now get back on topic :eviltongue:

Note: it's actually p'ing down not just raining and the Nav gets scared of thunder...it is a D40 after all

You poor bugger. Its raining.

Everyone in NSW is cooking.

Nice posted Boosted.

Yeah of course they are, no self respecting person would ever be seen in one. Thankfully I over came self respect years ago.

Without having those WA people get up in arms about just how hot it can be Dave it's still about 30 here just that it's raining, the temp will drop soon though I'm sure. Unlike those whingers in Sydney who complain after 4 days of 30+ temps and start suffering power blacks outs even us Mexicans can handle 4 days without crying about it. As for power black outs they happen around here on a weekly basis without worrying about how hot it is and I can nearly spit on 3 power stations. :ha:

Come up to Central Queensland and then you'll see what hot is. 30 degrees up here is a cool day.

NOT TRUE .. :rant:

Sshhussshh you, I'm trying not to make the "real 4wders" jealous by suggesting just what a D40 can do, they get all uppity when you suggest a D40 can match there Kubota's. I'm taking one for the team here by giving them all someone to rag out and you've going to spoil it by proving what a D40 can do.

I can throw mud on my ute and say I got it dirty in the sticks too Woody :ha:

Wilba I don't know the answer to your question because as previously stated I was offered work in the WA mines quite easily but I'd suggest you work at making inroads with the mining companies to try and get a foot in the door, failing that we are keeping your thread at the top of the new posts list.

Maybe the WA mines are easier to get into I really don't know but I know of three guys who left Vic in 07 with nothing but the clothes on their backs and a truck license and two ended up driving road trains out of the mines within 6 weeks and the other ended up as a truck mechanic in about 4 weeks.

HV mines are recruiting, BUT
It helps if you are female, live outside the area, make out you don't like unions, are happy to work 12 hour rotating shifts and don't expect any family or social life.

Having your tickets probably counts against you because they will think you are unionised.

Again, it is who you know as as far as I know, they don't advertise, but ask around. You would have to ring each mine and ask how you apply.

Latest posts

Back