Keeping inside a canopy cool?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If your tub is like mine you'll find that the small holes in the front of the tub and the gaps in the tailgate are more than enough for air movement. I'm yet to see a Navara tub since 09 that doesn't have some gaps in the front, they don't let water in (obviously they would if the tub was submerged) but since I found mine I've purposely looked on other tubs and they are always there. They aren't very big but under movement they provide enough inward air to allow air flow.

Although I've got the front sliding window and leave it open most of the time the only time I've really needed it for a cooling air flow was in 45 degree heat heading through SA 18 months ago, the rest of the time the Nissan gaps work fairly well.

Two problems to solve here; moving and stationary(on job site in the sun all day).
The scooper type ones easily solve the problem of keeping it cool whilst moving.

For stationary, you need a powered fan, which basically means either running it off the extra battery in the back or off the main battery/ies. If I did the main, then I'd fit a voltage cutout set so you still have enough to kick over the engine a couple of times. Don't forget the easy to reach switch for general switching it off.

You could mount a solar panel on the roof, but that is only of advantage if the truck sits in one spot for a few days(week?). If you are travelling each day then it is a waste of money.

Latest posts

Back