Joining The Navara Family

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bford648

Reaction score
Hey fellas
Just purchased a 2012 D40, heading to Darwin in June, can you give some info to upgrade the vehicle eg canopy, bulbar. Etc cheers

Welcome to the forum.

My personal preference for a long haul like that would be something like this list:

* Steel bullbar with foglights and 2x 100W HID driving lights
* 80ch UHF radio with remote face
* Long range fuel tank or auxiliary fuel tank preferably NOT made from steel
* Canopy with lift-up windows all around
* Dual battery system in the tub
* Engel chest fridge in the tub

Then I'd add either (in order) a roof-top tent, camper trailer or caravan. Given the number of snakes and lizards we've seen up that way, a tent/swag/corrugated iron are just way too scary to consider. I'd rather only wake up with one snake and I don't want it to have a friend, especially one with fangs!

I'd rather only wake up with one snake

Oh Tony, you are a devil. We are an open minded lot around here :rofl2:

Welcome to the forum Bford648.

Oh and if you intend to get a canopy and have dog/s, it might be a good idea to have a sliding window on one side of the canopy, usually the drivers side. The lift up windows are great for access.

Welcome,
Depending on how long and what your planning on doing/ taking..,
+1 for Tony's list. Lights on the bar bit too essential depending on when your driving.
We're doing the cape from melb this year and have to put on the bar, snorkel and money depending, exhaust, gauges, egr blocking plate and extra fuel tank. Already have the canopy, UHF and bat system.
Offroad...?, prolly protection for the underside.
Have fun.

Latest posts

Back