Is this a normal sound for a YD25? - Please help!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My D40 makes exactly this sound. I'm suspecting belts or idler pulley. Haven't had chance to try a fix yet, can't get the pulley nut loose so radiator may have to come out. That's ok because it's up for its 80k service so new coolant is due.

Jeff.

Does a loose belt make a whining noise? Mine has started to make some noise, checked the 2 alternator belts and they seem a bit loose compared to what I'm used to

Belts can, especially if they're not as flexible as they once were. Before replacing them, try some dri-lube (some people use soap). It should provide enough lubrication to prove whether it's the belt or something else.

Take a look at the fan too. There have been a couple of reports of cracking showing around the base of the blades which will also create noise.

Belts can, especially if they're not as flexible as they once were. Before replacing them, try some dri-lube (some people use soap). It should provide enough lubrication to prove whether it's the belt or something else.

Take a look at the fan too. There have been a couple of reports of cracking showing around the base of the blades which will also create noise.

Thanks mate. Seems so strange that a >30,000km truck would have noisy belts. I just changed the belts on my other car, admittedly not a Navara, at 110,000km and they were making 0 noise. Will try some dri-lube over the weekend.

Latest posts

Back