Is the Navara capable of towing?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrm

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a new Navara 2011 ST-R D22. The car suits my work purposes and is suitable for my small family. One thing I'm not sure about is towing a Jayco camp trailer on holidays. The trailer weighs a little over 1.5 tonne fully loaded.

Can anyone tell me if this model is capable/suitable?

Thanks

Easiest way to answer is to tell you this van is an 18' shower/toilet van weighing about 1.8T.

09-RockandRoll.jpg

Hi mate welcome to the forums, the st-r can tow upto 2.8t..... so your golden, just invest in a trailer brake module if your towing anything over 750kg, but I'm sure you already know that! :D

Forgot to add that the 2.5 D22 is hardly different to the D40 in reality.

The only thing you might want to do is invest in a chip to improve its power output. The D22 has a single mass flywheel so it doesn't suffer like the D40 manual's DMF (which will be fixed, I understand, in the late 2012 or the 2013 models).

In short, you'll be fine.

I have recently towed a similar Golf wind up camper from Brisbane to Darwin in the NT at 120kms and can state that it towed it easily . Check out my garage to see my camper.

Thanks

Just to clarify the model I am looking at has a max power of 98kW @ 3600 RPM and Max Torque 304Nm @ 2000 RPM.

As it is a 2.5 litre I just want to be sure it will have enough power to tow my van.

Latest posts

Back