Is That Right?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siringo

Reaction score
Thought I'd check out how much grunt the 3L motor in the Patrols put out. Went to the Nissan web site, looked at the specs and it puts out less power than the 2.5L motor in the D40's .. and it's a heavier vehicle.

Doesn't seem right to me??

I've seen a few complaints about how gutless some of the Patrols are. I think people prefer the 4.2L powerplant and those cars aren't easy to find, it seems.

That said, if you took the 3L Patrol engine, put a ChipIt chip and a decent turbo+intercooler on it, you'd probably get a more respectable number of ponies out of it.

Well I feel really good about that. The 2.5L motor gives out more power and the D40 weighs less, it's a win/win.

Isn't the new Patrol coming out with a 6.5L motor or something whacky like that?

Sometimes I think it might depend on how the power & torque are delivered as well.

Using peak figures for a smaller capacity motor may not provide a good comparison for the lazy or perhaps lusty way a bigger capacity motor may deliver?

Not saying that this is necessarily correct & also not saying a 3lt motor is a big capacity either, just bigger :sarcastic:

6.5L? Like a Cummins? I thought that sort of gas-guzzling overpowering would only happen in America. A 6.5L diesel is a LOT of engine, even for a Patrol. It's the sort of power plant you'd find in a Hummer, or something the size of an F250.

I think "whacky" would be the right word for it if they did do it.

From memory its a 5.6l v8 Petrol knocking out 300kw and around 560nm. Looking at the pics, it looks like it will be a big machine.

I dont think they have decided on a diesel yet, but rumours were that it would get the V6 out of the Nav550

I wonder if the 7-speed auto was lifted out of the STX550.

Nissan sure seem to be wanting to "lead the pack" in terms of power. First the Navara, now the Patrol. I wonder if the new Patrol will be $20,000 dearer than the rest of the models too.

Got my 5's and 6's mixed up. Yeah, it's the Saudi Arabia model I think they said, reffering mostly to the motor. What is it, 5-6c a litre for petrol in Dubai??

I wonder if the 7-speed auto was lifted out of the STX550.

Nissan sure seem to be wanting to "lead the pack" in terms of power. First the Navara, now the Patrol. I wonder if the new Patrol will be $20,000 dearer than the rest of the models too.

Rumoured at around 100k (hense they will probably keep the old model also)

It looks remarkably like the new Sahara. If it's packing in about 3.5T unladen then once it's kitted out (bull bar, long range tank etc) you'd have to get a 12,000lb winch because the 9s won't do the job.

Or wait for a Navara to come by. Guys, make sure you have a snatch block in your recovery kit.

And IFS as well. It will be interesting to see if they keep the solid axle in the cheaer Patrols, I'm guessing Yes

Latest posts

Back