I don't get it!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
back on topic, although both the RC chip and diesel chip manufacturers have R&D costs, the diesel chip guys generally do have to go out and buy some if not all the latest vehicles to test on if they can't get a loan vehicle, assuming they don't have all the cash laying around, they're paying interest on say between $30-120k depending on the vehicle so there is definitely a high amout to be recovered from their R&D. I imagine the RC guys don't have that outlay

that being said, commerical reality and market price would certainly have it's say

From what I have read on this forum and seen with friends ones, I think they do the r&d testing on whoever buys one....

R&D comes into the price of anything and everything however I very much doubt any company would outlay the costs of an entire car they simply don't need. Sure some real word testing would be done but so much of it could be done in a lab that the need to buy one of every model would not be there.

Isnt it on a relative scale,?
you wont sell many RC chips for $1700 to guys that are flying planes for that value or less,
but you will sell more $1700 chips to people driving around in cars with value in the tens of thousands of $$, and if anyone does try and sell a vehicle chip for a few hundred they are automatically bagged and tagged by everyone and every other opposition company as CRAP and they will stuff your very expensive engine, then with so much fear not many people want to take the punt and put there own engine at risk.

RC plane enthusiasts are pretty mad at times convince some of them they need to spend $2000 on a chip that makes them fly better and they will do it. But yeah the relative scale is one of many factors that comes into it.

At the end of the day the relative scale is evened out by the customers, if the customers aren't buying it for the price shown the price comes down, if customers keep buying the actual value and worth means very little....the car industry as a whole proves that.

Latest posts

Back