I don't get it!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgermasi

Reaction score
My workmate is into RC flying and last week he showed me his latest purchase:
Flight controller.jpg

Here below is explained what it is, what features it has and what it does:

"The MultiWii PRO is a gyro/accelerometer based flight controller that is loaded with features. This version of the MultiWii supports direct connection of a GPS module (package includes MTK 3329 GPS module) allowing for ultra-precise positioning functionality. With expandability options and full programmability, this device can control just about any type of aircraft. This is the ideal flight controller for your multi-rotor aircraft.
Features:
(MultiWii PRO)
• SMD component design with Atmega2560
• ITG3205 Triple Axis Gyro
• BMA180 Accelerometer
• BMP085 Barometer
• HMC5883L Magnetometer
• Servo output for camera pitch and roll control
• Supports direct connection of GPS module (MTK 3329 GPS module included)
• On-board USB connection for programming

(MTK 3329 GPS Module)
• Based on MediaTek Single Chip Architecture.
• L1 Frequency, C/A code, 66 channels
• High Sensitivity, Up to -165dBm tracking, providing superior urban performance
• DGPS(WAAS, EGNOS, MSAS) support (optional by firmware)
• USB/UART Interface
• Supports AGPS function (Offline mode: EPO valid up to 14 days)"

IT COSTS ONLY $ 64.99!!!!!!!

Now what i don't get is "how can a diesel chip cost $1500????"

:pissedoff::pissedoff::pissedoff::pissedoff::pissedoff:

That's easy, you confused cost with market price.

The later is the value in which people are willing to pay for something of the former.

Sparra do you reckon the company that made that flight controller did not have to invest in R&D?
Furthermore what about the components? Gyro,gps, accelerometer,barometer, magnetometer (what ever it is) a diesel chip comes with 5 plugs!

You only have to sell half a dozen to North Korea to guide a few missiles to pay for R&D, the rest is all cream.

You only have to sell half a dozen to North Korea to guide a few missiles to pay for R&D, the rest is all cream.

:rofl2:

These devices with gyros have been developed by both corporates and private individuals for some years. Most of my micro helicopters have single-axis gyroscopes - only one doesn't and it's a complete pig to fly (it's too small to be stable without computer intervention).

These things MUST have been installed in things like the Predator, Globalhawk etc, as well as cruise missiles like the Tomahawks (which do use 3D terrain following and GPS guidance, but a gyro to give it extra stability would just make sense).

Quick, someone invent an underpowered cruise missile that runs on a 4-banger diesel!

Sparra do you reckon the company that made that flight controller did not have to invest in R&D?
Furthermore what about the components? Gyro,gps, accelerometer,barometer, magnetometer (what ever it is) a diesel chip comes with 5 plugs!

I was trying to be sarcastic
I believe they are way overpriced
And in a lot of cases over rated

I'm not sure what's inside those "MAGIG BLACK BOXES" but as far as I know they only extend the signal ON to each injector.

Intel core duo 3GHz cost 50 bucks!!!

Some of them are simpler than that. They just add a little resistance to the fuel rail pressure sensor's return so the ECU thinks the rail pressure is lower, forcing it to crank the pump harder! $5 worth of resistors, wires and fancy box.

Now do a count of how many people on this forum alone have brought these over priced chips, multiple that by 10,000 (atleast) and you will see why a diesel chip costs what they do.....people are silly enough to pay for it.

Quick, someone invent an underpowered cruise missile that runs on a 4-banger diesel!

LOL. Funny. :)

Now do a count of how many people on this forum alone have brought these over priced chips, multiple that by 10,000 (atleast) and you will see why a diesel chip costs what they do.....people are silly enough to pay for it.

Hopefully there are no many cardiologists on the forum that can realised what you just said Krafty or having a heart attack will cost thousands of dollars!!!

people pay thousands for chips cause they are just typical consumers and therefore a market exists here for overpriced power up chips plain and simple.

why buy a diesel and expect race car performance? makes no sense to me... :tazzy:

Ever been to a truck race. Those suckers get up and go. If only you could see the race through all the smoke.

Gota love the big belch of black before the masses of white smoke. 12sec quarter is impressive.
I use to go out to Oran Park in Sydney all the time to watch the truck races and I must say they are a intimidating piece of machinery.

I bet if those truck owners came out saying they used power chips we'd see the price of chips double in price.....and people would still buy them!

Latest posts

Back