Hello from HarryB

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harry Bowen

Reaction score
G'day fellow Navara enthusiasts,
I own a 2006 3 litre D22. It's been a good truck but I'm considering upgrading to a new D40 with the 3 litre V6 Renault motor, primarily because I need the extra grunt as I enter the "grey nomad" phase of my life. I'd appreciate feedback on the D40 with the Renault motor from current or previous owners, particularly with repect to any funamental model problems - motor, drive train etc. I should add that I haven't done a lot of "off road" stuff with my D22 but intend to do some with the D40. One thing that does strike me is that it appears to sit pretty low - an off road suspention upgrade looks on the cards for me and so I'd appreciate members feedback on that too.
Oh and about myself, I live in the south-west of WA and I'm a Freo Docker tragic.
Regards to all you fellow members of this forum.

Welcome to the forum, Harry.

Mate, first off - if you want to change your user name to something that doesn't look like a real name, let me know and we'll talk about it privately.

Now, the D40 is supposed to be taller than the D22 by a few mm - looks can be deceiving. The wheelbase of the D40 is longer, and it's wider - this does affect ramp-over by a small degree and a lift is a valuable mod to do with either vehicle as they both have ramp-over issues.

The V6 has had some problems with heat, and if you're using it as a tug you'll notice that a lot sooner. Some people have had issues with the gearbox too - one of the complaints is that while engine-braking at low speeds, if the vehicle speed rises high enough, it will ignore the manual control and kick up a gear. That might be a one-off, it might be a problem with the TCM (Transmission Control Module) but I've not heard of that being fixed yet so it's something to be wary of.

And if you ARE towing, have a look through some threads for electric brake controllers. You'll find the Tekonsha Prodigy P3 to be one of the better picks - we've put one in and haven't looked back.

Hi mate and welcome to the forum. I still own a d22 so i cant comment on the d40, Except to say i may like you upgrade to d40 in the future

Welcome Harry,

Don't feel bad about the Docker's. I have had to put up with a fair bit over the years with the Tigers too.

Can't help with the V6. Mine is a wee little 4 although it's good to see that Dave might have seen the light :biggrin:.

Enjoy your time here.

Those V6's haul arse.

Been in 1 that copped a hiding. Wont mention names though. Haha.

Thanks for the feeedback chaps.
Following on from Old.Tony's comments, I need to do some research me thinks.
Hey Dave, I liked your icon, it would be a distraction though having that sitting alongside you on the corregations.
And joe2006, well let me just say that I enjoyed the footy on the weekend. Griffin was crook... honest!!! We're in the 8 but for how long... who knows? It would be hard work being a Tigers supporter - you must have a good ticker. My young bloke follows the Demons - he's got a huge heart.
Seeya fellas.

Dave
It wasn't flogged
It fell apart all on its own
And that rear diff. What a tragic piece of shit that is
Welcome to the forum mate
All the info u need will be here
Enjoy

Latest posts

Back