having problems with my navara

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayvegito

Reaction score
I have a 2005 d22 sport. in 1st 2nd and 3rd gear it pulls like a train as soon as i drop into 4th gear it holds back and struggles, if i send it forward into 5th gear its off and pulling like a train and only does this wen the vehicle is warm. i have tried a new fuel filter and injector cleaner and it has made no difference to the fault. can anybody shine any light on this for me please, thanks

NPS failure is very common, i just disconnected mine and left it like that, i never had a problem not having it connected and it stayed like that for over 200'000km.

If you look through the D22 section you will find heaps of info, one thread which may be a "STICKY" has photo's and a full "how to" guide to finding it and disconnecting it.

Basically you will need to pull the boot off the shifter so you can see the top of the gear box, from there you will see the switch and can disconnect it. From memory i think its the blue one.

NPS failure is very common, i just disconnected mine and left it like that, i never had a problem not having it connected and it stayed like that for over 200'000km.

If you look through the D22 section you will find heaps of info, one thread which may be a "STICKY" has photo's and a full "how to" guide to finding it and disconnecting it.

Basically you will need to pull the boot off the shifter so you can see the top of the gear box, from there you will see the switch and can disconnect it. From memory i think its the blue one.
hi job fixed thank you very much im well impressd. my next jod is guna be the egr valve blank off is this an easy job on my 2.5 deisa l

Glad to here thats all it was.
As for the EGR block, the job is a snack. Again have a read through the forum or use the search function, you will find pages and pages of EGR posts. there are a few members that will sell you a plate or you can make your own. All you need is a little stainless mailbox type sign from the hardware store, then trace around your original gasket, cut out the shape, drill the two holes, put a little SENSOR SAFE gasket silicone and bolt it back together. EASY JOB!

Regards,
Nathan.

Glad to here thats all it was.
As for the EGR block, the job is a snack. Again have a read through the forum or use the search function, you will find pages and pages of EGR posts. there are a few members that will sell you a plate or you can make your own. All you need is a little stainless mailbox type sign from the hardware store, then trace around your original gasket, cut out the shape, drill the two holes, put a little SENSOR SAFE gasket silicone and bolt it back together. EASY JOB!

Regards,
Nathan.
WOW wot a differance it makes blankin of the egr makes hapy happy. is there any other engine mods i can be getting on with then please. iv got a induction kit on and it does sound nice

WOW wot a differance it makes blankin of the egr makes hapy happy. is there any other engine mods i can be getting on with then please. iv got a induction kit on and it does sound nice

You obviously got it sorted then, good stuff.

Now my turn to ask you something, what do you mean by "INDUCTION KIT"??

Latest posts

Back