Greasable Shackles - What Grease to Use?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robmacca

Reaction score
For those in the know..... what Gease do u use on Greasable Shackles?

I assume when using these Greasable Shackles, that the shackle Rubbers are NOT made of Rubber ?

Rob

For those in the know..... what Gease do u use on Greasable Shackles?

I assume when using these Greasable Shackles, that the shackle Rubbers are NOT made of Rubber ?

Rob

Rob,

Made from poly.. slightly harder than rubber. Most greases should be fine, I just use waterproof stuff meant for boat trailer wheel bearings. Doesnt seem to get washed away as quickly as regular grease.

there is a special grease for them. can't think what its called. it might be mentioned on what of the poly bush manufactures web sites.

Rubber and poly use different greases, there are special "rubber" greases available but as said above water resistant EP (extra pressure, slow rotational speed with high load) grease will be fine for poly bushes.

Cheers for that.... I had thought that was a special grease to be used on the poly bushes which would prevent them from squeaking all the time.... I just don't remember the name of it....

how often should u re-grease your rear shackles??

rob

I've been doing mine as soon as I hear the slightest squeak Rob. There probably is a "general" guide on when to do these, but I just wait until they start to talk to me, then load them up. I've been using some nice bearing grease in my gun, seems to work well.

Thanks guys.....

I've since found out that there is a special "White" type of Grease that is suppose to be used..... the suspension mobs use it apparently. So I'll grab a tube in the next week or 2 to do mine as well.

ok redid my suspension today and used a whatever was in the gun. i think it was a dark grey and looked liek it may have had graphite in it. so high speed bearing? castrol branded stuff. works perfectly and the graphite keeps them from squeaking for a long time.

the white grease you may be talking about robmacca is Lithium based grease. its over rated for what it is. its good for door hinges and stuff like that but wouldnt use it on my suspension bushes

Latest posts

Back