Gordy's build

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Decided to post it here anyway. HahahaView attachment 16945remote door actuator screwed in here. Sorry deadener over one screw marked with pen
View attachment 16946remote unit mounted inside arm rest. I figured if it gets wet here it will get wet anywhere.
View attachment 16947power and ground connections. Purple with silver spots is constant 12 v and black is ground. One day I will solder and heat shrink these. Maybe. Well her d22 I hope that helps. It was a steal mate kit from jaycar and one of there master actuators. Piss simple job. Has worked fine for 18 months. It's not that hard to get wires through the rubber boot in to the door. I just didn't need to.
Thanks! That helps heaps. Looks easy enough. Looks as though even the most electronically backwards people like me could do it bahaha

This is what I used ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411105454.504947.jpghope that helps.

Bought a Steelmate Front and rear Parking sensor kit for my Nav on wife orders as it was much larger than anything we have had before, had them fitted by my auto elec Tim Warren and all was good but had some random false readings from the back sensors which were mounted in the standard steel bar. Was going to recalibrate them but couldnt find the manual so contacted Steelmate for a copy.
Told them why I wanted it and got a reply from Julia saying that the sensors will give a false reading if mounted straight into steel and should have a rubber grommet in the bar and this will fix the problem. They didnt have the grommets for my model in stock as the kits now use a different sensor (I have had mine for abour 15 months now) but offered to get some from China if I could wait a week. Turned up on Thursday and will be fitted next week. I consider this to be excellent after sale service and would recommend Steelmate products to all on this experience. (I have no connection with this company)
bazt
(P.S. They are now flogging a nice range of Tyre Pressure sensors that I will look at later.)
www.steelmate.com.au
www.promata.cn

Aaaannnnddd back to my build.

Today I installed my UHF with the assistance of my mates and some rum

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411223471.904184.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411223487.083619.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411223497.450188.jpg

Last edited:
Hahaha that's it. Just trying to think what's next. Sunnies/headlight conversion/light bar/lift kit....

Lift kit is handy for carrying a load, or a little extra clearance out bush. Dollar for dollar I think my lightbar might be the best money I spent

Used my spotties for the first time properly tonight coming home from the barossa. I'm so in love

Latest posts

Back