Gidday from Brisvagas.....

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$10k higher... I assume that u are referring to NEW prices and not 2nd hand prices.....

I'm not looking at NEW, but 2nd hand as new is a bit out of my budget for now....

D22s have a shorter wheelbase so their ramp-over is better than the longer D40. D40s are more expensive - base price is something like $10K higher than the D22. I think the D22's approach angle is a little better but both have similar departure angles.

I've got a bullbar (with winch) up front, and a Hayman Reese hitch up the back, so my approach & departure angles are reduced somewhat. Nothing a 2" suspension and 2" body lift wouldn't help though - but I'm not ready to lift mine just yet.

Don't forget that the clearance under a stock d22 is greater than that under a stock d40. So shorter wheel base and more clearance makes for some great stock ramp over angle.

The difference in clearance is only a few mm, and in the 2010 and later models, the D40s rode higher than the 22s. Still only about 5mm in it, so I didn't think that much was worth worrying about.

After all, a good session in McDumbers woofing down quarter pounders would see that difference adjusted.

I tried to shy away from calling the ramp-over of a D22 "great". He's got a zook, the rear tyres almost scrub the front ones.

Guys.....

The 2.5ltr TD has been around now since 2005, so there should be some with high kms on them by now...... What's the expected life (ie: kms) that u would expect to get from one of these small revvy TD engines & what sort of problems would start to show when they're getting towards the end ?? I gather the little 2.5ltr wouldn't have a long life considering the weight, etc it needs to push..... I only ask this as I usually try to keep my cars for a long time..... my little zook recently clicked over to 300,000kms and it's going strong.

yeh i have done the 2inch lift drives 10x better yeh the back is pretty cramped mate but depends on your height as me being 6'6" not much room behind me but if your average height its not so bad on long drives though id say it wouldnt be to comfortable i honestly havent had many people in the back usually just me and a mate in the passenger seat am going to straddie this weekend with passengers so ill find out from them how it goes, do be aware if your kids need child restraints older models dont come with restraint points standard they are an extra add on

Just curious as to how your Passengers went sitting in the back ?

Latest posts

Back