Gearbox issues for d40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gracat

Reaction score
Hey guys I have had issues with the gearbox on my d40 2011 d/cab. Have just comeoutof warranty and the second g/box is back getting stripped as there is a problem with it again. My question is have any members experienced the same problems. Any feedback would be most helpful,cheers

My 2012 box isn't the nicest shifting box... downshifting to 2nd is very difficult, and clunks a little into 3rd and 5th.
Last service they Said it was down on oil, after topping it up is had a firmer feel but downshifting to 2nd is worse

The boxes in the d40's are pretty strong in general, and I have not heard of many failures.
The box needs specifies a lighter oil (75/85 from memory) and the transfer requires atf fluid. Its more likely the history of the car than a problem.

My 2012 box isn't the nicest shifting box... downshifting to 2nd is very difficult, and clunks a little into 3rd and 5th.
Last service they Said it was down on oil, after topping it up is had a firmer feel but downshifting to 2nd is worse

Thanks boostin that was how our first box was before it was replaced under warranty,the second box went back for what we thought was a noisy clutch but we're informed the technician thought it was the g/box again. Haven't had any news due to Xmas break but will keep forum updated in due course.

The boxes in the d40's are pretty strong in general, and I have not heard of many failures.
The box needs specifies a lighter oil (75/85 from memory) and the transfer requires atf fluid. Its more likely the history of the car than a problem.

Thanks 4 naving we went through the process of different oils before having the first box replaced under warranty.we are the first owners and the car has only done 50'oook not done heavy work or towing,we do tow an off road camper fully kitted at 1200/1500kilo but navy's are supposed to be good for 3000kilos. Vehicle is otherwise good great power and good economy. Waiting to see what dealer has to say after Xmas break,thanks

Unfortunate to hear that you are having gearbox issues. This isn't something that commonly comes up as the drive train in general is pretty solid. Keep us up to date on how things work out.

Thanks vigilante had a gu patrol before going for Nayara,did 290,000ks with her not many probs cancer started to become issue g/box in them bullet proof.drove her over some very rough tracks and roads all around Aussie needed to update and chose Nayara.knew some nabs suffered with clutch probs but not g/box,will update when know more,cheers

Good to know you got yours replaced under warranty. Im going to start pushing at the next service because ive only got 6 months left of my warranty

Heard back from dealership today to tellmethatthe centre of the clutch plate had started to break down, waiting to here from Nissan Australia whether both clutch assembly and gearbox will be replaced,service manager quite confident. So any Navara owners having clutch or gear change issues be thorough with your service advisor,mechanics. Thanks for your feedback and thoughts 4x4 on.

Latest posts

Back