Fuel Contamination

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With a Kubota, a Massie and a 1976 UK import International on the farms I think I know what it's like to possess a 22!

Just a quick question, Are the fuel stations obligated to pay repair cost's ect? please tell me i keep my fuel receipts for a reason.

Brett

I know a fella who was successful in getting the fuel station to pay for repairs. He was one of a few that it happened to, but it was an extreme case. They all stalled before they left the drive way.

Yeah you need pretty substantial evidence to prove a case against the servo and a receipt is not often enough.

there has been success though......but dedication and persistance is required.

.....they paid out when the 'silicone' in the fuel thing happened.

Yeah that silicone in the fuel thing was fairly wide spread...me thinkums that one cost them a dollar or two and I bet they didn't get everyone effected.

Ahh, great......

so now and again you get out of the salon and onto the kubota, make you a real man.....us 22 owners, were like that all the time.

Lol.

Everyone else is welcome to rip on Krafty to by the way.

Pete that water monitor set up are deadly in going off on presence of water.
However from removal,i believe a completly different ball game.Ive just researched these bypass filters/toilet rolls and the paper filter of there size can absorb up 1/2 a litre of water mixed in to the fuel like a milk like consistency.The glass bowls/gravity seperator etc cannot do anything similar to what ive checked out.
Another thing ive noticed is large steel after market longrange tanks will produce more condensate etc than the factiry plasic.Anyway hope some of this helps.
Ps My water filter arrives next week.

Latest posts

Back