Fridge in the tub - anybody know one that will fit

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YBOD

Reaction score
I've been slotting all the camp toys into the new D40 and come across a problem. I have a hard cover on the tray with the roof tent mounted on top. We also have a Weaco 40L fridge and I've found that when I put it in the tub it is a couple of cm too high to close the lid and be able to slide it out through the tailgate without lifting the tub lid.

This is a pain in the ass because with the roof tent on I don't want to be lifting the lid each time I want a beer.

Anybody know of a fridge low enough to fit with the lid down?

The ARB model 63QT (63 quarts/60 litres) is a low profile model specifically designed for installing in the tubs of utes and it's only 18.5 inches high.

They fit in a D22 tub under a tonneau cover (not sure about a D40 tub under a hard lid).

What's your available height?

Last edited:
Could always cut a slot in the hard cover and hinge it?
Pain in the arse thou.

I recently bought the waeco cf-80dz
But that's higher then the edge an only just scrapes in under the lid when it's shut.

I'm yet to finish an put up a build thread but here's a sneak peak

Attachments

• image-1320818666.jpg
    image-1320818666.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 249
I have the ARB 35lt on a fridge slide fits with a hard cover the 60lt takes up to much room. See my garage for photos

Last edited:
I have the ARB 35lt on a fridge slide fits with a hard cover the 60lt takes up to much room. See my garage for photos

I looked and I'm still not sure why you can't fit a 60lt, the 35 and the 60 are exactly the same height (the 47 and the 78 are higher).

Is it because the fridge slide takes up too much room?

That is to say the 60lt is too long but not too high for your tub?

Last edited:
I looked and I'm still not sure why you can't fit a 60lt, the 35 and the 60 are exactly the same height (the 47 and the 78 are higher).

Is it because the fridge slide takes up too much room?

That is to say the 60lt is too long but not too high for your tub?

Yer mate wasnt the fridge slide, the 60lt dose fit but takes that little bit extra room up in the tub, I wanted to fit a toolbox behind it without it being jammed in + I leave mine in the tub permanent
If go you go to a ARB store try both in the tub the 60lt might suit your needs.
Cheers Lyle

Last edited:
the engel 60L fits under the Flat Top D40 lid ,it tends to sit slightly higher, not sure its ok with tubliner??

I have the ARB 60 lt and it fits great. Got it connected to my second battery in the tub. I have a Rhino Lining in mine and from memory have a fair bit of room to spare. The only pain is it just doesnt quite fit between the tailgate and the wheel arch so it has to sit a little more in the centre.

Latest posts

Back