Dodgy Dealer trying to avoid me.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pirate

Reaction score
Hi
Well I ordered my Navara from Giant Nissan Osbourne park, in August 2012 and after not being contacted for over a month, I called them and kept being told each month that it was going to be another month wait then another then another then finally in early 2013 I got told my new 2012 Navara was ready to pick up, when I got there I asked where is the roof racks i paid for?, they said they will put them on at the 1000km service because they hadn't got them in yet.
So I rang up 2 weeks in advance because I work away to get it booked in for the 1000km service they said dont worry about booking in just call the day before you want it done, well I flew home and called a day before and they said sorry were booked out for a week!!
So I went to a different dealer to get it serviced.
Anyway I called them and asked about my roof racks... ok well transfer you to this person, oh sorry there busy ill get them to call back.....2 weeks later no call.
So I called the manager and explained how pissed i am and he said he will get staraight on it, 3 business days later still no call back....
My dealer seems to never return my calls and they are all "busy" when I call.
Any suggestions on which government department I should contact about resolving this issue and getting what i have paid for?

Cheers

Contact Nissan Australia first any government department you contact will want to make sure you have gone through all the proper channels first and some of those channels will be, Salesman, Dealer Principal, Dealership owner/manager, Nissan head office.

Many people here have had crappy dealings with dealerships and some with Nissan Australia but there are plenty who've had success and jumping the gun and trying to bring someone like the ACCC should be a last resort if you want to try and get an amicable solution.

Small claims tribunal fee will be $26 paid back to you after court or use a letter of demand for the money back prior to small claims yes nissan dealers are dodgy yours is just another of many problems but there is a few good ones

I would start at making an appointment with the Dealer Principal, they often just dont know what there dumb arse employees are doing, explain to him the full story and see what happen's

Dealers are lying !@#$wits. I saved 8 grand by ringing a different dealer the other day.

Should have my new truck in a few weeks.

Yeah mate, got the top of the line decked out the way I want for $46,850.

Local dealer wanted $54,000 and $1000 less trade on the Nav.

Hornsbey Isuzu are awesome.

I have several mates with the previous Colorado and Dmax's.

All have said they never go over 9L's per 100km's.

The current Dmax runs the same engine, higher state of tune.

The Colorado is more powerful and makes more torque, however its a Italian VM engine. Jeep use the same donk and has proved to be problematic.

Cant really find anything to bad said about the Isuzu engine. Not the most powerful, but I personally reckon it would be the most reliable. The 2 tonner Isuzu truck runs the same engine.

really high peak power is not everything though, you want an engine that just pulls hard through the whole rev range, I'd wager that engine they make is pretty reliable, never had a prolem with our old rodeo, the car fell apart before the motor, for them to offer a 5 year warranty on a 4x4 work ute its really saying something.

maybe, certainly cheaper than that hilux I was thinking of getting and nissan don't make a single cab 4x4 in auto.

Dealers are lying !@#$wits. I saved 8 grand by ringing a different dealer the other day.

Should have my new truck in a few weeks.

Crap -- you've defected! Now I'll have the oldest, longest in the tooth ZD30 on here!

Throw some pics of the new beast up when you pick it up!

Call Nissan Australia on 1800 035 035, tell them what happen. Or put it on Facebook, make sure you name the dealership and any salesman and managers you talked too. Nissan will email you and ring them and chew them a new one, Nissan really hate bad publicity. I know I did it to them and they really came to the party.

Also I would have demanded a 2013 model since you had been Waitin so long.

Just an update iTs now been 2 months since the manager there told me "he would get right on it and when I get onto things I make them happen" still no contact from them so I called today and said if you havent got it there now I want a refund, he said he would find out what's going on from the service department and he would call me back within the hour it's now been 5 hours
And the shops shut!! This place is so ridiculous and really beyond a joke, I've been very polite with them so far, but ill be seeing them face to face tomorrow and I'm not going to be polite anymore!!

Instead of going off your nut go in and just say you left me with no choice to take it up with the dept of fair trading, this is something that is pretty clear cut so they can help you out with it. you and the dealer both signed a contract for supply of goods which were never delivered, they took the money for it though which is basically theft. Tell them you will also be taking it up with Nissan customer service, if you feel it necessary tell them you are also getting professional legal advice and will take the matter to small claims if it not resolved by some ultimatum date.

Honestly though the best thing to do would be get a cash refund for the item then and there and go buy some rhino racks cause the nissan roof racks are shit anyway.

Latest posts

Back