Diesel injectors D22 in to D40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scorch99

Reaction score
Hi
Is it possible to fit diesel injectors from a nav D22 2010 yd25 in to a nav vsk D40 yd25
Mine are on there way out and have been offed a set of D22 injectors

The two injectors look similar but carry different part numbers. You do need to ensure you get the right injector, the D40 fuel pump can generate 1700BAR (over 24,000 psi).

There is a seller on eBay that says the D40 injector will fit the D22 - and I'd imagine that would be safe to do, because the D40 injector is designed for higher pressures than the D22 can generate. However I would be reluctant to go the other way, and try a D22 injector in the D40.

All of this assumes that Nissan and Denso haven't simply created a new part number for the same part that goes in a different car (so the injector is tooled up the same, making production cheap, and just marked differently). If that's the case, your D22 injectors should be fine.

Do you have any part numbers on the injectors? Both sets if you can. The D40 ones should be 16600-5X000 (Nissan) or 295050-0300 (Denso).

Latest posts

Back