Dash lower center section removal

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Am trying to pull the section our that holds the 4x4 selector switch. Anyone done this before?
Mine being a 4x2 means I have a blank instead of the selector switch. I want to take out the blank and install an air pressure gauge fore my on board air. It looks like a prefect fit but after fighting the dash for a while this morning I figured I would just ask.

I think you have to take the top section out and then you can either undo the screws or pull the tabs on the lower section. I can't remember the exact procedure but it's on here somewhere either on my dash removal thread or the other long dash removal thread.

There was an old thread recently renewed where the OP asked for that panel and used someones (I can't remember who's) build thread from the Frontier site. Maybe that has more info.

I dug up some info from the manual and it appears there are 2 screws in the bottem of the panel. Down side is you have to pull out the center console to get them . Ah well it might take me more than a few minutes to do that job.
Thanks Krafty

Oh that's right I remember reading the same thing, that's why when I got in there to mount my screen I used a soldering iron from above to make two holes instead of pulling the console out and using a drill.

The center console does come out quite easy, the top lifts off and exposes all the screws you need (and the holes Nissan left) but it's probably a 25min job to get it all off.

Yeah the only downside is you have to take thew back section of the center console out first to get the front side out to then be able to get the lower section of dash out.
Normally wouldnt be an issue but I got my center console full of electronics lol .All my timers and relays etc for my lights and hard lid opener are hidden away in there . Ah well it could do with a tidy up I guess lol

Yeah you only have to take it back to just behind the hand brake. Well atleast I don't remember taking out the box with the 12V socket in it. I lifted the central console as far as the wires would allow me so I didn't have to do major works but my cabling was done with that in mind.

Knowing me I will take out the lower section with the 4x4 selector in it and in the lower section that faces down Ill cut in some more switches. You can nenver have too many switches lol

Latest posts

Back