D40 Snugtop Canopy

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaunolb

Reaction score
I had a little issue with locking my keys in the back of my ute while out riding the other day and had to break into it when i got back.

While breaking in I broke the rear glass window, guess thats why they call it breaking in.

I am hoping there might be someone else out there who has also had to replace there window and can point me in the right direction.

Havent spoke to Nissan yet cos i reckon they are gonna sting me pretty hard to replace it.

The antenna was also broken when i bought it, any ideas there.

Cheers, Shaun

They are about $980.00 retail through Nissan and the same from obrien. Either way they aren't cheap.

What he said, cheaper to have cut a hole through the roof with an angle grinder!

got mine made from perspex when i smashed it as a temporary measure, still in now

+1 on the perspex replacement. Go to a signmaking place and ask for a cut piece of perspex in the darkest smoke shade they have fitting the dimensions of your window. Cut the angled parts yourself with a jigsaw, tidy up with a hand file. Drill with an ordinary drill for the hinges, struts and locking mechanism and there's your new window.

I have a side window spare in my garage - it's perspex. My insurance covered the window glass replacement, it was $900 - I had it done anyway, but they will replace your lock and everything, so you'll have mismatched keys. I changed my lock back to the original to avoid that.

Latest posts

Back