D40 Selecting Gears Problem

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jordyman171

Reaction score
I’ve got a 2010 Nissan navara 6 speed manual d40. I’m having problems getting into gears 1 and reverse when the car is on and stopped. when moving it’s fine and when the car is off as well i can select the gears fine. Any ideas on what’s wrong?

1st and Reverse are usually on the same shaft.

When was the last time you had your clutch changed / how many K's has it done on that same clutch?

Check for leaks on the clutch master and slave cylinders as well to assure it's getting the right amount of pressure. (I'm assuming they are a hydraulic clutch setup and not cable?)

1st and Reverse are usually on the same shaft.

When was the last time you had your clutch changed / how many K's has it done on that same clutch?

Check for leaks on the clutch master and slave cylinders as well to assure it's getting the right amount of pressure. (I'm assuming they are a hydraulic clutch setup and not cable?)
It’s done 300,000km. Clutch done 45,000km ago. No leaks

- any noises or clunking when not in gear but stop when you push the clutch in?

- does it sometimes grind a bit when shifting 2/3 or 3/4th etc? not all the time but randomly?

- have you checked the fluid levels? gave the system a good bleed when you did the new clutch?

Once in reverse, is it a bit hard to push it out and back to neutral?

Mine's a 2009 Thai built manual. pretty sure gearbox took 75w-85. took atf in the transfer case. check your manual if it came with the car. I know I changed mine for the wrong grade & suddenly it was really stiff getting thru the gears, especially the high ratio ones. Would only be pertinent if you've done a change lately.
Good luck...P

Back