D40 Front Differential

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan77

Reaction score
Good Evening,

This is my first post however I wish to thank all for their input that has helped me in the past.

Easter weekend, as good as it was for me and my family, turned out to be a not so great weekend for my D40. Front diff went see ya on a gully pass. Can anyone advise their experience on getting a front diff rebuild or installing either an air, pro, E or auto locker to minimize future events.

Your experienced opinion would be gratefully accepted.

Many Thanks,
Dan

Arb do a front air locker. will set you back around $1800-$2000 depending on bearings. By the way were you able to drive it after breaking it.

Not sure what broke. The mechanic had it up on the hoist manually rotating the front left and all of a sudden I had an auto locker, both wheels were turning. He drained the diff and little bits of metal came out.

Im thinking of taking it to Redlands 4WD Centre to have a look. My mechanic is great with motors but he's honest enough to tell me it's out of his league.

I talked to my local ARB and they are too busy to fit it in.

if its just the sun gears (which it more then likely will be) you may get away with installing the AUTO LOKKA from 4WD systems, as that unit will replace the munched gears.

The E-LOCKER would be the next option as it comes as a whole centre and you wont need to buy a compressor ect.

If you want to go down the second hand path the try Nissan 4x4 wreckers in VIC they will have one for sure. tell them you are a memeber of the forum and they normally do a slightly better deal. they will send parts aus wide

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back