D40 bash plates

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gbu

Reaction score
Who's made bash plates for a D40? Surely they can be made cheaper than buying them.

From the "horse's mouth" - Ironman stand at the 4x4 Show - the only D40 plates available are for the Spain build only. They will not fit the Thai built D40.

Opposite Lock did not, i repeat NOT have info on them about the D40 Thai built bash plates. They stated they will look into it for me asap after the show.

The ARB gent who owns Maroochy and Caboolture i think he said was very good to deal with and very knowledgeable :)

i got brown and davies bash plates through arb Gold Coast..mine is a spain built 08 model so no dramas here..

whats the go with the thai built models??? is it just a case of drilling a few holes for them to bolt to?? or abit more substantial?

The Ironman rep said that an experienced installer at an Ironman workshop in Brisbane tried to install D40 bash plates onto a Thai built during the week, and he gave up after the amount of differences were revealed and the entire situation became clear.

ARB sell the full set of plates for the Thai models.
Thats what is on my ST, From bar to Gear box and one for the Transfer.
They have saved my Nav a heap of times from doing the radiator, and from looking at all the scratches and small dents on them they have paid for them self more then 10 times over.

I have a King Cab. Thai built and have put a sump and transfer case guard on that I bought from B.T.A. in Ballina. Works well but scrapes a lot so have just put a 2" Ironman lift kit in that raised it at each guard by 60mm.

Who's made bash plates for a D40? Surely they can be made cheaper than buying them.

i just went under the truck made a cardboard template and walked into a metal fabricator shop and said how much with galv...and quoted $100 bent with air holes too...come up good.

IPHONE028.jpg

IPHONE029.jpg

IPHONE030.jpg

Scotty,
What sort of gap is there between the underside of the engine sump and the bash plate?
Any chance of a before fitting pic, and an after fitting - same position of camera and all to get a good visual on the clearance difference?

i got my bash plates from ARB expensive though but worth there weight in gold. i have spanish built

hmm the bloke said it was for the 2 plates so i assume it will go to the transfer.

ill find out more and get back to you.

Latest posts

Back