Customising my truck...

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maho

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm starting to customise my truck a bit more, and am looking at doing my suspension with 50mm lift, bullbar and winch and tyres. I'm having trouble deciding on the bull bar and am looking for some advice and opinions..

I'm looking at either the xrox, the ironman commercial, or the MCC. Are there any advantages of one or the other? I was thinking that the xrox wouldbe a bit lighter up front, is this something worth considering?

In regards to suspension, I've been advised to get old man emu, any thoughts on those? I have a steel tray, and tow a tool trailer during the week, and a camper on the weekends with a 120kg ball weight, plus stuff in the tray. Any advice on the suspension?

Thanks in advance for any help guys...

Maho

Mate ol man emu are ok but, I'm going with sax suspension all the way around if you hold off 2 weeks I can let you know. From the reviews they are the ducks nuts so ill just have to wait and see.

Depends what you want for the bullbar. I got an xrox for my d22. The way I looked at it was one of those with a winch with rope would be about the same weight as a full steel bar with no winch. Depends how you use your car though, obviously the full bullbars give you more wing protection than the xrox one so it you do a lot of night travelling and want the extra protection.

I was originally thinking of sax suspension, but from what I've read and been told, it seems to be hit or miss, and not everyone seems totally convinced by them. Honestly, I have no idea what's better and what I should be getting!!

Bods- can you a pick of your bar up please? I though the same regarding the weight of the winch/bar. I don't do a lot of night driving, we have a camper trailer, and its just mainly weekend camping, with the yearly trip in there too. I want a bar so I can get a winch, then be able to self recover, and therefor go to a few more adventurous destinations with out the fear of getting the family stuck!!

i,m not going to bag old man emu, But have a search on here. Some people complain about them not holding there height. As i said i wont bag arb, Because i run a arb compressor and one of there tyre plug kits

As said, depends what you use your Nav for more. Between two of those bars, it's a broad difference. XROX gives you super sweet approach angles and clearance, whereas the IM commercial is more of an all round bar and cheaper.

If you get lift and bar, get the lift done first, or the same time, just easier so you dont have that big gap around the bar. Once bar and lift is done, you can fit 33's on it. I have with just with the standard front bar

I run OME gear with 400kg leafs and a quiet happy with them. I originaly had tough dog gear with 300kg leafs and found it to be quiet harsh and hurt my back after a coupl of hours drivin,

Its due to the way the leafs are designed as in the tough dog leafs all 8 leafs curve as 1 so theres no give for comfort were as the OME springs have 5 leafs that curve for comfort and ride an has 3 flat leafs on the bottom to handle the load when it is added

So when it comes to pickin leafs u really need to look at there design.

Everybody has the own opinion on what gear is good but at the end of the day u can do all the research in the world but it comes down to trial and error as i found out.

Latest posts

Back