Cruise control.. yes it’s been discussed a thousand times.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tms40

NF Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My CC is active but I can’t set/resume it. I have no other issues that might relate to clock spring. Everything is fine including horn.

Last time I used it was travelling back from Fraser Is. on the Bruce Hwy about 7 weeks ago. I’m wondering if any sand or debris under the car might be affecting it.

I’ve researched other posts in relation to this and here is a quote from another post: “if your neutral position sensor, brake pedal sensor, cruise control pedal sensor and clutch pedal sensor (if manual)………”

I just want to ask where these sensors can be found so I can check them. I’m going to assume the brake and clutch sensors are a plug near/attached to peddle?

Hi Tms40
The NPS is in the top front of the gearbox (accessible from the top), the clutch uses the switch on the clutch pedal, the Brake switch is the second switch on the brake pedal (one switch is NO, the other NC, thus two switches). Cruise Control controlled by the buttons on the steering wheel; also try pushing the gear lever (lightly) to the right & left to see whether that does/doesn't work - an indication of NPS fault.
Good luck.......

Hi Tms40
The NPS is in the top front of the gearbox (accessible from the top), the clutch uses the switch on the clutch pedal, the Brake switch is the second switch on the brake pedal (one switch is NO, the other NC, thus two switches). Cruise Control controlled by the buttons on the steering wheel; also try pushing the gear lever (lightly) to the right & left to see whether that does/doesn't work - an indication of NPS fault.
Good luck.......
Thanks mate. What would you try first to remedy the switches? Give them a squirt of contact cleaner?

My CC is active but I can’t set/resume it. I have no other issues that might relate to clock spring. Everything is fine including horn.

Last time I used it was travelling back from Fraser Is. on the Bruce Hwy about 7 weeks ago. I’m wondering if any sand or debris under the car might be affecting it.

I’ve researched other posts in relation to this and here is a quote from another post: “if your neutral position sensor, brake pedal sensor, cruise control pedal sensor and clutch pedal sensor (if manual)………”

I just want to ask where these sensors can be found so I can check them. I’m going to assume the brake and clutch sensors are a plug near/attached to peddle?

I know this is an old thread, but when my Clock Spring started playing up it was only the Volume up button that stopped working. Everything else was fine.

Food for thought.

Back