Chipit chip

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trevor1985

Reaction score
Well where do I start picked my chipit chip up off Robert in Sydney.
Installed it and the fuel rail limiter. An holy shit does it make a difference not sure on fuel economy but power is out of control and throttle response is unreal.
E onomy wise I did notice a slight difference but I was heading to Stockton so not to sure but man does it go. I'm only on stock tune that they loaded which I think is file 1 tune 5. But definitely if your thinking on getting one and have the cash around buy it. And the do reall good deals as well. If you do have one what tune is everyone running? I'm looking for a good one for power and economy if the one I'm already running is it well I will leave it there.

I have mine on tune 10 with the boost at 16psi. Economy wise there was no change compared to stock. I am still tossing up on whether to install the rail limiter thingo. Seems easy but not sure

Yep just keep the old one and pull it out if something goes wrong, it's tight as so be warned expect to do some swearing I'm a 100 kg and literally hung of it to crack it. Trust me when I say it invest in some good ratchet swivel head spaners.

Eric's I'm driving round ones na jokes. I got 2011 st d40 manual, not sure if you talking bout Tyres either so I got 265/75/16 Yokohama geolander Ats

i get a slight rail chatter when i put the boot down but nothing that would make me worry.

i may give this rail limiter mod a bell. i have a couple meter fence post here i will lean of for leverage to crack it open.

Eric's I'm driving round ones na jokes. I got 2011 st d40 manual, not sure if you talking bout Tyres either so I got 265/75/16 Yokohama geolander Ats

thanks trevor, just car model. i hope to get a chipit soon, but want a bigger exhaust system first. have you changed yours to compliment the chipit. it's hard to find a system for an 06 non dpf auto stx
cheers
eric

Na Eric's put the exhaust on not long after I bought it new. Just wanted to run the motor in abit till I put a chip in it. Just clicked 30000 on it time to spend some money.

Well i see what u mean about the bolt being tight,
I just put my rail limiter bolt in and snapped the first spanner trying to get the old one out.
Now its got me paranoid about haveing the new one done up tight enough.

Longy I just put a drop of lock tight to be sure but hung off it as well to tighten it make sure u do the bolt up that holds the fuel line equally as tight as I was having problems with slight fuel leakage the first couple of times.

cheers mate i didnt put any loc tight on but the whole engine was pulling towards me so hopefully that should be good enough.
Where the leaks easy to notice

First time mate yeh had a liter of fuel dump out in a minute, then did it up again as tight as I could and there was still diesel on my engine sump from the first leak. So I just had to wing w ing it but had nothing since so all good now. Have u put a Egt regulator on yours yet? In the process of doing mine it looks like a headache.

yeh done mine it was a bit of a pain i ended up drilling out the heat guard on the exuast instead of pulling it off then just drilled and placed the probe in through where the guard bolt was.If u want i could get a picture and put up tomorrow.
i haven't noticed any diesel might get underneath and check when i get to work in morn just to be sure hopefully im good

this is where i put it from memory i think i had to jack the ute up a little to get the cordless in at a decent angle,hope this helps.

Attachments

• WP_000148.jpg
    WP_000148.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 57
  • WP_000149.jpg
    WP_000149.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 68

Latest posts

Back