changing oil with a brown davis bashplate

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ericcs

Reaction score
i have a d40 stx with a brown davis bashplate fitted. i change my own oil, but the last litre that dribbles out misses the drain hole in the plate and spreads out all over top off the plate, then drips everywhere.
does anyone else suffer this, if so, do you have a remedy, short of removing the bashplate, as i have done this time!

had exactly the same problem. now i poke a rag up ontop of the bash plate but around the inspection hole

i'm thinking of getting a strip of 10mm flat bar and making a ring, then weld it over the hole to catch the oil as it drips

I have the same issue with my d22 and ironman plates. I cut my own hole but kissed it by a mm or so. Last litre dribbles down the bashplate. I use the cardboard box and fold it into a scoop and jamb it under the sump and have it run into the oil pan like that. Thrn just dispose of the box after

Check out the Fumota oil drain valve u can attach a length of hose to it i had one on my old and ute it worked really well

on there web site or they have them on ebay. if you get it on ebay you need to send a message to say you want the extended nipple

This is my fitted Fumota oil drain valve, minus a bash plate, still thinking about which one to buy.
Just fit a plastic tube over it, turn tap, and drain the oil.

14809101298_59a4b811a0.jpg

14809101918_ea55b05270.jpg

thanks for the info, will purchase 1 before my next(last) messy oil change.

for yd25 owners that are interested, part number is F103N, $43 delivered from fumota.com.au
can't be bought from auto parts shops

yeh got a reply they will do 10% off for 10 or 15% for any amount over 11 however they all have to be posted to the one address so the 5 to 10 bucks we save i think we will lose when individually reposting them.

Latest posts

Back