changing from soft cover to hard cover

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natebarakat

Reaction score
hi guys. just bought an 07 stx d40 in silver and its got a soft cover. I want to change to a hard cover but i have a few questions.

-the soft cover has left marks around where it covers the top of the tub, can this be buffed out?

-can the little black slips around the sides of the tub for the soft cover be removed easily? what would be involved?

Thankyou, i look forward to your responses

Welcome nate

Whether the marks can be buffed out is impossible to say without seeing them, under the right circumstances they will be but they may not fit into those circumstances.

Not sure of the make up of the Nav 07 black slips, once again a pic would be handy, but some are easy to remove however it's what they leave behind that will be of concern and the only ones I can think of right now (it's early so there could be others) rivet on and would leave a hole.

304703_107851999320712_100002877383513_38333_6979372_n.jpg

Here is the worst of it

Last edited:
System is showing a post here that I can see, Nate if you used external links chances are the post will need mod approval, don't worry one of them will be along soon and approve it.

I knew my slave would come along and approve soon :big_smile:

There is two or three marks there I'm not sure will buff out but I think the majority of it will.

As for those slips it looks like they are riveted on, can't quite see but either way it appears they go through the body work from what I can see, I could be wrong though.

Yeah the "slips" will be through the body. Only way to get rid of these is take it to a panel shop. They would weld the holes up and then need respraying and all that stuff. Wouldnt be cheap.

Most the marks should cut/buff out.

thanks a lot guys, do you think it would be worth replacing the whole tub? i need to replace the back lights aswell and that added to the cost of everything else is getting pretty high.. any ideas of where i could find a rear tub and approx value of one?

When I swapped from soft to hard cover I purchased some black door panel fasteners that were one size bigger than the rivet hole.
Apparently they are also available in a "silver/grayish" colour.
Panelfastner.gif

I took a tiny paintbrush and put some brown paint in the old rivet holes as they were just bare metal, and I did not like that.
I then put a bead of silicone behind the head of the fasteners (to keep water out) and stuck them in the old rivet holes.
They sit in nice and flat.
It does not look the best but in my opinion it does not look to bad either.
Nav003-1.jpg

I see they are now available in brown (which would look better) but I do not know if I could be bothered to change them.

Last edited:
When I swapped from soft to hard cover I purchased some black door panel fasteners that were one size bigger than the rivet hole.
Apparently they are also available in a "silver/grayish" colour.
Panelfastner.gif

I took a tiny paintbrush and put some brown paint in the old rivet holes as they were just bare metal, and I did not like that.
I then put a bead of silicone behind the head of the fasteners (to keep water out) and stuck them in the old rivet holes.
They sit in nice and flat.
It does not look the best but in my opinion it does not look to bad either.
Nav003-1.jpg

I see they are now available in brown (which would look better) but I do not know if I could be bothered to change them.

You could get some touch up paint matched and paint the tops of the inserts. They would blend in even more than. I got Autobarn to make me a tin of touch up.

Pete

Latest posts

Back