Cem

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dangerousdave

Reaction score
I have a 2006 D40 diesel (after 30 years with Toyotas) and haven't regretted the swap. With 95000k its great but it is the worst, gunkiest, dirty oil I have ever seen and it has already been changed. It seems a lot worse than Toyos. Has anyone any experience with the CEM flushing oil concentrate. Any advice/opinions would be welcome.

I have a 2006 D40 diesel (after 30 years with Toyotas) and haven't regretted the swap. With 95000k its great but it is the worst, gunkiest, dirty oil I have ever seen and it has already been changed. It seems a lot worse than Toyos. Has anyone any experience with the CEM flushing oil concentrate. Any advice/opinions would be welcome.

is it really gunky thick or just black???

and what oil has it been changed to??

Last edited by a moderator:
The only way I have found to keep oil in a diesel clean for 10,000ks is to drive with the bottle in the back of the ute.

Welcome to the forums anyway.

Bad english.
The vehicle is new to me and I really hope the oil has been changed.
It is black and certainly darker than I would expect and has been in for 2k.
Its next change is due is 3k and I was thinking one of the high grade low ash 5/30. 30 years ago I was using RimulaX in Toyos but again it would be great for some advice

Oil Catch Can and blocked EGR pipe will (so many others have written here) keep your engine oil far far cleaner for longer :)
Do a search for "Oil Catch Can" and "EGR".

it will go black the very same day you do the oil change..... as long as its changed regularly...it will be ok.

No its not due to being a Nissan engine.

Its a diesel and they do make the oil black.

Welcome to the forum.

+1 on diesels making the oil black. Blow-by puts soot into the oil, there's no escaping it at all.

Blocking the EGR might help it a bit.

Your choice of oil is a good one. Low-ash is vital, because the blow-by carries oil vapour which is reintroduced into the engine through the PCV into the intake just in front of your turbocharger - it is then combusted. 5W40 will be fine, try to get semi or full synthetic.

Don't worry about the colour too much. If the oil is smooth it's fine. If it's lumpy THEN you have a problem.

Latest posts

Back