Cat converter removal

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe.weeden

Reaction score
Has any body removed the car out of a stock 3.0 litre how hard and how have people done it replaced with a pipe? Or I have heard of people bashing the centre out ?? I know removing the cat is illegal and the fines are big but that doesn't bother me (until I get busted)

The CAT on the 3lt is the big heavy chunk of cast ion bolted to the back of the manifold, removing it is fairly easy and a turbo dump pipe can be had on eBay quite cheaply.

yep but are you going to use your standard exhaust or are you planning on upgrading the whole system. If you are going with a stock exhaust then you will need a dump pipe to suite, if you have the cash then opt for a 3inch exhaust and a dump to suite it will help the motor breath and you will notice a power gain straight away.

I think for that price I will just get a whole 3 inch if I could have gotten away with it cheaper I would have just modifies the stock

yeah a 3inch will make a big difference with diesels its all about getting the air in and the exhaust out as fast as you can to gain performance. I am not suggesting you will turn it into a rocket ship but you should be able to notice the difference. By the way if you remove the cat your exhaust will smell a lot more diesel'y if thats a word lol

a 3inch system was the best thing i did . i wish i had done it the day i bought the ute

Latest posts

Back