Buzzing Sound

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrluver22

Reaction score
Hello Mates have you ever notice a slight weird buzzing 3-5 second sound occasionally coming from your nav when it's parked up (switched off). I've been wondering what the hell it is and where exactly it is coming from?

Last edited:
I could be wrong, but might be fuel pump? Just going off me old 180sx.

Probably not, the fuel pump in a diesel is run from the engine with a chain, not quite the same as a petrol fuel pump.

If you have a climate control STX then the buzzing could be the internal flaps moving around to mix hot and cold air to keep the car at the temp you set.

Where does it sound like it's coming from ?

Hello Mates have you ever notice a slight weird buzzing 3-5 second sound occasionally coming from your nav when it's parked up (switched off). I've been wondering what the hell it is and where exactly it is coming from?

I have the same noise exactly, it's coming from the fuel tank I'm pretty sure. Noticed it when installing suspension, little knock triggers it off also. Although even if the car is completely locked I'll here it randomly happen. Apparently something to do with breather or something with pressure in tank but don't count me on it just what I heard, been curious myself just haven't worried about it.

I hear a buzzing in my ear a few seconds after walking away from the car, usually to remind me to lock the thing "YOU FORGOT AGAIN BZZZ BZZZ BZZZ" ... but the fuel tank breather also makes a little noise. If you sit quietly in the cabin you'll also hear your air intake vanes moving after shutting the car down.

Latest posts

Back