Anyone have the boost pressure?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cocodrilo

Reaction score
Does anyone have the data on how much turbo pressure the Navara 2.5 has? I have one and it is giving me p0234, when I look at the intake pressure it shows me 40 psi at Max rpm

Does anyone have the data on how much turbo pressure the Navara 2.5 has? I have one and it is giving me p0234, when I look at the intake pressure it shows me 40 psi at Max rpm

When I have Torque running the boost usually peaks around 18 psi to 19 psi. Occasionally it will get to about 21 psi.

When I have Torque running the boost usually peaks around 18 psi to 19 psi. Occasionally it will get to about 21 psi.
Hi here have a intake press parameter, and show More thank 40 psi, i see the turbo and is new.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240904-212543_ThinkDiag+.jpg
    Screenshot_20240904-212543_ThinkDiag+.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 0
I think you guys are talking about different things.

I think @cocodrilo is quoting intake manifold pressure while @Scott52 is quoting turbo boost.

I have read elsewhere that the former includes atmospheric pressure. That is, intake manifold pressure = atmospheric pressure + boost pressure

If that is correct (feel free to jump in if I am wrong) and atmospheric pressure is 14.7psi, then your boost is maxing at circa 25psi.

Most would say that is very high. The ECU normally throws you into limp mode for over-boosting around the 21-22 psi mark. If it doesn't then perhaps yours has had a remap? Just guessing.

I reckon most folk here enjoy max boost between 18-20 psi. I've hit 21 psi (that I know of) just once.

Happy to be corrected on any of the above.

I think you guys are talking about different things.

I think @cocodrilo is quoting intake manifold pressure while @Scott52 is quoting turbo boost.

I have read elsewhere that the former includes atmospheric pressure. That is, intake manifold pressure = atmospheric pressure + boost pressure

If that is correct (feel free to jump in if I am wrong) and atmospheric pressure is 14.7psi, then your boost is maxing at circa 25psi.

Most would say that is very high. The ECU normally throws you into limp mode for over-boosting around the 21-22 psi mark. If it doesn't then perhaps yours has had a remap? Just guessing.

I reckon most folk here enjoy max boost between 18-20 psi. I've hit 21 psi (that I know of) just once.

Happy to be corrected on any of the above.
You are right, my app (thinkdiag) was not giving me the boost value, only the intake value, I will try to install Torque and see if I can use it with my OBD2. On the other hand, I bought the truck recently, and I found a spare part inside that was a turbo pressure regulator, I imagine that the previous owner already knew about this problem, I replaced the part and it lowered the pressure to 20 psi (subtracting the barometric pressure).

Latest posts

Back