Anyone else with 35's?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
first 35's were 11.5 wide. No dramas with scrubbing. 2nd 35's were 13.5 and the beadlocks make them wider again, this required a bit more trimming. Never scrubbed enough to stop full lock at full travel.

thats awesome.

how was it to drive? did you have the stock 4.3 diff ratios?

cruisersr4losers, i just saw ya pics.
look pretty good, would be good to see more of the whole truck though.
Tyres are 315/75R16?

So tell us hows it go?
Have you done any driveline upgrades?
Done much off road?
Broken anything?
Hows the scrubbing? Have you cut or hammered the guards?

I was going to get some 33's before next winter, have spent enough on the ute for now but my tyres are past their best for offroad so will need new ones after this year.
Thinking about 35s now! Will probably get claw's too they look the goods!

thats awesome.

how was it to drive? did you have the stock 4.3 diff ratios?

Bit slow off the mark but made fuel economy better on highway as the revs were lower. Yeah standard 4.3s

cruisersr4losers, i just saw ya pics.
look pretty good, would be good to see more of the whole truck though.
Tyres are 315/75R16?

So tell us hows it go?
Have you done any driveline upgrades?
Done much off road?
Broken anything?
Hows the scrubbing? Have you cut or hammered the guards?

I was going to get some 33's before next winter, have spent enough on the ute for now but my tyres are past their best for offroad so will need new ones after this year.
Thinking about 35s now! Will probably get claw's too they look the goods!

It goes pretty insane offroad, I have only been on big (30-50m) sand dunes and through muddy and hilly terrain so far though, no big rocks yet.

The scrubbing is only a minor problem and doesn't scrub at all when driving at slow speeds through offroad terrain. My only problems with scrubbing have been at higher speeds with more momentum when the suspension is under alot more pressure, and this only occurs on the front end of the side steps and also where the back of the front wheel arch connects to the main body.

So far I havn't broken anything (I dont think so anyway) but I'm sure I will at some point, I dont like to hold anything back offroad.

On the highway these tyres are noisy but with the suspension upgrades the ride comfort is peaceful.

Im a bit or a mechanical terminology noob, what do you mean by driveline upgrades?

I'm sorry if I cant be more specific, I bought the girl as is.

are you saying the rear tyres scrub on the edge sidestep?
have the front wheel archs been cut or hammered?

by driveline upgrades, i mean changing diffs to stronger diffs from the v6 petrol navs. and changing diff ratios which will give you closer to stock gearing and allow you to take off a bit easier.

Sorry if i confused you, the rear tyres dont scrub at all. The wheel arches have been cut by the looks of it, don't know what you mean by "hammered". Bottom line there is some minor scrubbing offroad with the sidesteps and wheel arch on the front tyres, with sliders it would be better.

No driveline upgrades. Is this something that is really beneficial?

But yeah, all in all, 35's are awesome and I still get heaps of power on the road with the chip, and offroad they chop through anything. So far I havnt gotten stuck once, had to pull a triton out though :)

if its scrubbing on a metal part of the body, you could possibly use a hammer to beat the metal in a bit to give some more clearance.

navara v6 diffs are stronger so yes they would be beneficial.
and i think they also run a 4.6 ratio which will give you a bit more low down power that you lose from running the bigger tyres.
its possible the previous owner may have already done these upgrades.
im also not certain what diff ratio 2010 model d22s run, im just guessing its 4.3 like most of the earlier ones.

it seems like your getting away without the upgrades for now.
but if you brake a diff upgrading the to the v6 petrol diff would be a good idea.

if its scrubbing on a metal part of the body, you could possibly use a hammer to beat the metal in a bit to give some more clearance.

navara v6 diffs are stronger so yes they would be beneficial.
and i think they also run a 4.6 ratio which will give you a bit more low down power that you lose from running the bigger tyres.
its possible the previous owner may have already done these upgrades.
im also not certain what diff ratio 2010 model d22s run, im just guessing its 4.3 like most of the earlier ones.

it seems like your getting away without the upgrades for now.
but if you brake a diff upgrading the to the v6 petrol diff would be a good idea.

Sounds good. My diff has only done 20,000kms just like the rest of the rig, so if one day it does fail i will look at getting the v6 diff. Have u fitted an 80 series airbox? Also do you think its worth doing the EGR mod?

i always forget the names of the diffs.
i havent done the 80 series airbox mod, im not really sure it would do too much.

the egr mod is a good idea, not sure how its done or your 2.5ltr tho. mines 3.0ltr
and probably a catch can too.

i just read through the 80 series airbox thead. looks like it might be a worthwhile mod.
i wouldnt expect too much performance out of it though.

i just read through the 80 series airbox thead. looks like it might be a worthwhile mod.
i wouldnt expect too much performance out of it though.

I like the idea of modding just for the sake of modding. With the custom intercooler and chip my navs warranty is out the window anyway so may as well mod the shite out of it :) Do you think a 2.5 or 3" exhaust is worth the coin?

I like the idea of modding just for the sake of modding.

haha.
it can get like that.

Do you think a 2.5 or 3" exhaust is worth the coin?

i'm probably not the best person to answer this. but short answer "yes" 3 inch i believe. may as well just go 3inch if your going to spend the cash upgrading. that way u wont be temped later to get the 3inch.

Latest posts

Back