Anyone build any fences over the weekend ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"A Massive 110kw of power!"
Pffft

"Hello Custard meet the Navara... prepare to have your skin partially removed"

I seriously should have got a yellow one instead of blue.

I know that the unions are mostly to blame...as are the parents of the current generation but I'll be buggered if I have "Australias most powerful tradie!"

I know people like that. They are still breathing too - but that's because I've stopped playing the "my [whatever] is better than yours" game.

I no longer care to compete. I just get what I want and enjoy it.

Anyone want to build a fence in 5 weeks time? We've got nearly 3ks of fencing to do when I get home from WA, looks like I'll have to pass on the job though since I don't have a D22.

Anyone want to build a fence in 5 weeks time? We've got nearly 3ks of fencing .

No thanks i do enough of it at work :flowers: 7 wires 2 of them electric and star stakes 10 meters apart, Then there is the droppers i get sick of it pretty bloody quick

We are doing 5 strand barb, internal and boundary, 10 meter stars pickets, 3 star pickets between each wooden post, 12 foot gates and mostly on mountain goat paddocks. Cattle race is also part of the build but that might wait because we can't put animals on the place until Dec anyway so there is not huge rush. Forgoing sparky this time because getting power to the property isn't easy and we don't want another solar panel already got about 20 doing different things around the farms.

Never built a barb wire fence pulled plenty of old ones down though, Have to love pulling up a barb fence and wrapping the wire up getting shit caught up in it, And all the cuts its so much fun. We get it easy these days on corner posts, Dig 15 or so holes then get mini mix out and concrete them in

We've got a mix of barb and spark on the 7 farms but this one's going full barb due to location and easy of maintenance. We've got to take out the boundary fences but all the internal fences will be new so thankfully we wont have much old barb to get rid of. We'll also be using the thumper for most poles but some are probably going to require the auger only due to the steep inclines.

Post hole digger makes light work of digging holes, We put it on one of the fendt tractors with the power down 3 point linkage doesn,t matter how hard the ground , Just have to watch you dont bend anything.

We thump most of ours providing the tractor isn't on too much of a lean because the weight on the thumper does off balance the whole thing a bit. With the rain we've had over the last few months (210mm in 4 weeks on the farm we will be working at) we definitely wont need to drill first, just gotta hope the ground dries out enough to keep the tractor from sliding, on a 70 degree angle it doesn't take much under the right (or wrong) conditions.

The slopes we have around here command respect but they have nothing on the hills down gippsland, some rain up here would be nice we had 10 mm a couple of weeks ago and thats it

Yeah you guys could do with some decent rain, came through Melbourne Sunday morning and it was pissing down by the time we got to Calder it was spitting and by the time we got to Bendigo it was dry. Mind you April this year when we brought the farm we are about to fence we thought it was fairly dry too!

Latest posts

Back