3" Body and 3" Suspension lift in NSW

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

69charger

Reaction score
Hey Guys

If this has been covered to death please forgive me my computer skills suck and I'm amazed I got this far.
I have a 3" suspension lift and a 3" body lift kit from the States which I haven't installed yet and want to know has anyone got a body lift engineered in NSW and where did you go to get it done?
It's like a mine field of opinions on the web and up to the individual engineer whether he will pass it from what I've read so far which to me is crazy.

I'm a chippy and spend 99% of my time putting up house frames which I do to an Australian standard so I know what is acceptable in the erection of your new house and I don't decide to leave out half your walls and trusses just because I don't think they're needed. Like one engineer saying he wont pass a body lift and one saying he will.

So why is it so hard to get hold of this info on cars or is it just me looking in the wrong places?

Hi Charger
The only issue I can see is making sure its only 6" lift in total as that is the legal limit for street driven vehicles.I went through the same issue as to who will pass what with my UCA install. Someone will know just who to go through in NSW.I went to 5 other engineers who all said they would not pass my gear but it actually is legal according to the National Code of Practice .
What brand of suspension lift did you get?

Just found this in the NCOP

3 BODY BLOCKS
Body blocks between the vehicle body and the chassis must comply with the following:
 The material must be of similar strength and durability as the original components;
 All assemblies and piping that spans between the body and the chassis must be
suitable for the increased distance; and
 The increase in height due to body block modifications alone is limited to 50mm.

Last edited:
Hey mate

I got the deluxe articulation suspension package with the rancho 9000XL shocks from 4x4parts.com.
Thats not good news on the body blocks being of max height of 50mm since mine are 75mm.
I guess if I can get the 50mm body lift engineered I can get my blocks machined down and shorter bolts.

Last edited:
Firstly contact the transport people and ask them to send you the regs.
From there the rest will be on the engineers shoulders but you will at least know what the regs are .
NSW seems to have its own take on the NCOP
The NCOP says you can go up to 50mm larger in dia but in NSW they only allow 15mm for 4x4

Its a 2009 nissan navara D22 dual cab 2.5ltr turbo diesel.
The suspension comes with longer upper control arms to correct alignment.
I cant imagine I will have any trouble with the suspension lift its just the body lift I was thinking would be a grey area but you need it to get 33's on it or 305/70/16 I think was the size I was quoted on for mickey thompson's.

Ah ok
was thinking D40
Just remember your only legally able to lift 150mm in total so thats tyres suspension and body lift
In NSW your only able to go 15mm I believe in dia over stock whick means your limited to 135mm left in total between suspension and body lift.
pain in the butt I know but we have to play by their rules if we want to stay legal.
Correct me if Im wrong but yours has a torsion bar setup so in theory you should be able to adjst that to get the required heights

Thats right its a torsion bar front end which with the new control arms and heavy duty torsion bars I should be able to crank it upto 3" but I don't think that alone is enough to get 33"s under the guards without serious cutting.

Latest posts

Back