ZD30 Lift Pump advice

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,
I own a Nissan Frontier D22 2008 dual cab RHD with a ZD30DDT engine, it's a japanese built but I'm in the Caribbean.
It has 165000 miles or KM ? not sure.
Basically I want it the most reliable possible, since it's my work truck, and It's very difficult/expensive for me to get any parts.
The easiest way for me to import parts are from the USA, but no ZD30 were ever sold there.
I've got on hand and on my to-do list :
- Universal 2" intecooler pipe kit, front bumper install with a Nissan E25 Caravan ZD30 intercooler I got at the scrap.
- 3" universal stainless exhaust kit, I'll do a cat delete and high flow muffler
- Turbo core to replace

I noticed they were already an EGR delete and butterfly mod when bought.
I'm really scared of my bosch vp44 pump ever dying, I wouldn't able to purchase a replacement one.
My rig got 2 x fuel filter in line, and it seems like it usually means more strain on the pump.
After some research I've decided to install a lift pump.
From what I found online, I've ordered :
- Carter 4601HP pump
- pre-filter
- fuel check valve (create a bypass valve)

I'll place the lift pump right after the tank, haven't looked at where as yet, but I'm hoping I could leave the existing "hard" fuel line as much as possible.
And only do my "mess" before the hard line.
That carter 4601HP specs are 12-16psi @ 100gph.
Are VP44 pump seems able to handle up to 15psi ?
Taking consideration of the pre-filter, fuel line friction and length, and 2 x fuel filter, we could assume way less than 15psi would arrive at the pump.

Should I install a regulator ?
Should I install a fuel pressure gauge ?

Fuel pressure gauge wise, my only find would be a glowshift fuel gauge 15psi as below.
https://a.co/d/9W4N7pW
It seems like I would need a snubber valve to eliminate the pulse from my pump ?

Most lift pump writing I found are a decade old of course.
I'm now worried I went to fast with my purchases.
I really hope i'll get some great advice from you guys.

Cheers,

Back