your opinion on what add ons next

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jockyboy

Reaction score
Hi guy's

i have 265/75r16 tyres, shocks, snorkel, arb bullbar, ARB bash plates, 2inch lift (shackles and 50mm spacers on top of springs, spotties, uniden radio.

went up to the mundaring power lines in western austraila, a few of us went but my rig compared to there's is not to hot pretty crap.

what should i do for clearence e.g. springs e.t.c.

Attachments

• powerlines track.jpg
    powerlines track.jpg
    183.6 KB
bigger suspension lift or body lift to fit bigger tyres.

exhaust and chip for some more power.

front diff lock (lokka).

these are the main things to make your navara as capable as a navara can be

thanks mate thanks for you professional advice it's good to know as i am new to this.

when you say bigger tyres and suspension or body lift what size or whats the best in your opinion.
mate i was tolds i cannot get a body lift on my navara d40 as my air bags will allway's blow out.
but this was a toyota man that said this.
in inch what size of tyres, what you got.
is a suspension lift a body lift the same. sorry about all the questions

If you're allowed a body lift on an air bagged vehicle in WA get a 2 inch body lift. Get bigger springs. I would still only run 265/75/16 though. 33's will suck the power out of the Nav.

You could go up to 33"s but it will only give you an extra 1/2" of clearance under your diff and as Scotty said it will kill the power, you could over come this by getting a chip but in the end you will be spending a couple of grand for not much. I would suggest a front locker, and maybe even look into and off road driving course to give you a good understanding of lines to take and things like that, or just get out there with other 4wders that know what they are doing.

or just accept that it's not gonna compete with GQ patrols and 80 series cruisers etc off road, i'm going from a gq into a nav and even on 31s the old troll is a very capable beast off road, i've barely done that kind of stuff in the last couple years so decided on the more family friendly compromise with my new car.
still might upgrade my gq to a cleaner diesel one though...

lockers are your biggest offroad help without a doubt but i'd get some sliders too, those sills are quite prone to knocks and expensive to repair. With the lockers at least you can crawl though anything as long as you don't get hung up.

or just accept that it's not gonna compete with GQ patrols and 80 series cruisers etc off road, i'm going from a gq into a nav and even on 31s the old troll is a very capable beast off road, i've barely done that kind of stuff in the last couple years so decided on the more family friendly compromise with my new car.
still might upgrade my gq to a cleaner diesel one though...

Thats true, but they are built for different purposes.

The worst thing about the GQ's is the ancient design engines.

The RB30S and the RD28T are the most advanced engines in them. There no powerhouses though.

The TD42 is a gutless POS that overheats on hills.

The 80 Series 1FZFE and the 1HDT shit all over the GQ motor's.

Latest posts

Back