Why doesn't my D40 have Bluetooth?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clarkey

Reaction score
Hi all, hope someone here can enlighten me.

Have just bought a 2009 D40 STX. Through research, I thought that by virtue of it being an STX, it would have Bluetooth, but it doesn't!

Am I missing something here? Is it an option only, even on STX?

pretty sure bluetooth was first introduced with the ST (more recent then the older STX). It was added to the 2010 onwards STX.

Welcome to the forum!

It was optional on my 2009 STX, $650 worth from the dealer. I didn't get that - we had a satellite navigation system (Pioneer F900BT) installed instead.

Funnily enough it was also an option on my older 2008 ST-X. I negotiated and didn't pay what Tony was quoted.

my 09 STX titanium had bluetooth as standard but i have replaced with gps tv dvd reserve camera bluetooth head unit

factory bluetooth wasnt the best

My 'factory' bluetooth works brilliantly! Even talks to my iPhone which took some work but works fine now.

Not all phones marry with all Bluetooth devices. Eg; Navman GPS wouldn't read my phone properly, I emailed the co and they said, " yeah.......not on our list sooooorry." So even the co that makes em knows all things aren't equal. "Thanks that was ONE of the reasons I bought it." No worries, I told Uncle Gerry's elves @ Hardly Normal about it (2 day's old now) and they replaced it with a Garmin and it does work with my telling bone.
I'd say try to pair it up b4 you buy.

Have to watch HTC phones too. They like to invent their own bluetooth. While there have been no reports of damage to the head unit by using a HTC phone, we continually had delays or failures to connect which we assumed was just "the way it was" until I bought a Samsung Galaxy SII. Perfect connects, fast response and best of all, I can be in a phone call while I'm driving, pull over and turn off the car and my phone still has the call.

Latest posts

Back