White Smoke

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yorkie56

Reaction score
I have a D40 STX with 2500ks on it. When it has been sitting for a while a large cloud of white smoke comes out of the exhaust, it is not oil and smells like diesel, may be unburnt fuel.

I have blocked the EGR tube off with a plate and was wondering if this has anything to do with it.

Does anybody have any ideas or is this common. :cheers!:

Has it done this once, or how often. If it's the auto it may be a regen DPF burn but you should see an indication light on the dash. Such low klms wouldnt think it would do a burn yet. I have the 08 auto and egr plate in place and have not had any white smoke. Sorry thats all i have for you. Maybe go to the SEARCH FORUM box at the top of the page and type white smoke.

Have not heard even one single issue from EGR plate install. Although its a quick job to remove and test for your peace of mind.

Last edited:
With so few klms on it. Are there ANY lights come on the dash?
Have you been back to dealer?

I think the newer models monitor EGR flow to an extent. Take the EGR mod out, see how the vehicle behaves. If the smoke goes away with the EGR working as Nissan intended, drill a small hole (I think about 4 to 6mm) in the middle of the blanking plate and see how it behaves.

Latest posts

Back