Wheel Alignment

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bright Spark

Reaction score
Gday fellus, just you wondering if i will need a wheel alignment...iv recently fitted my d40 with a 2'' dobinson lift kit and not sure weather it will start scrubbing tyres or not... anyone got any ideas?

When you get it done ask them for a readout/printout of your caster, camber and toe measurements.

It is good to have em for future reference and to compare with factory settings.
Post the figures up if ya can so we can see how ya end up.
Camber is the biggest issue with these when ya lift em.

Really depends on the truck.many early generation D40 came with no camber pins.
AFIK the Thai built trucks all have them but not 100% sure on that.
Mine had no camber adjustment so i went down the road of installing adjustable UCA and that was about a 1k in total

mine is a late 08 stx dual cab and it had no front adjustable pins.....

So I installed my own! Bit of a job but nothing too hard. At least I can get some negative camber now with the lift I have.
That is why I am interested to see what readings you get once ya get it aligned, which you should definitely do or else you will wear tyres even worse.

Seems like most Spanish built trucks ST-X have no camber and RX ( I think that was the base model )
Trucks built in Thailand apparently come fitted so basically if its built in Thailand you should be right.
Easy to just look at the front bolt on the lower control arm and see if it has the concentric washer or not .
If the bolts look like this they are camber adjust if not they are normal bolts and you have no adjustment
16122008105.jpg

Man that is weird same year model stx dual cab and mine has no adjustment and yours does! What are nissan thinking

What are Nissan thinking
It would seem that the thoughts are there from Japan but unfortunately things get lost in translation.......Japanese to Thai using babelfish translation below.

"We in Japan are a noble and proud people that pride ourselves on providing the finest quality that the whole world will bow down before....including those smarty pants Germans with their pedantic engineering. We are superior in quality and reliability. "

Translation to Thai

"Do what ya's like we dont give a fuck!"

Response from Thailand after passing through the Aussie translation

"No worries mate :top: ! We have Wang belting out a few chassis components now but they will be heaps better mate once we get them drawings. Check yas later"

13197d1228521445t-brick-labor-bangladesh-balancing-act-welding-third-world-1.jpg

As far as I know there arent any D40's at all in japan. they are deemed to be to big for Japanese roads. I think there are some D22 and earlier there but Jap spec vehicles are different to anything we get to see ,,,,so the story goes

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back