What part/s of Australia would you most want to explore ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KL70

Reaction score
If money and time weren't a limitation, what part/s of Australia would you most like to explore in your Navara (compared to other places you already have) and please separately say why, for each place named.

It's a big country! I'd love to go right around.
I'll settle for going to the finke desert rally next year for now.

OOOOHHHH I love survey's!

Hope your not the Indian fella that just rang me.
Welcome to the forum.

In answer to your question as it is in context to what I'm interested in as opposed to Telco's;
I would one day soon like to travel right up the middle of Aus with a stop at the Birdsville races and continue through to Darwin. From there over to The Kimberley and right the way down the West coast.

Cape York and up in the Kimberly. Cape York has always been a dream going there, actually going there in july this year. and the Kimberly because it such an amazing place up there

Umm, everywhere. I just like poking along back roads/tracks and seeing what is there. Also good if we can pitch the tent for a week and get a real feel for the place.

Personally, I tend to avoid the places everyone goes to as I like the quieter places. Seen too many popular places trashed. Also, you don't see the wildlife if you flit in and out, unless it sees you as a food source.

OTOH, The Boss has her list of places like Flinders Ranges(geography, wild flowers, fossils), Fraser island(?), Kangaroo Island(?), Cape York/Thursday Island(?), Bungle Bungles(rock formations, the colours).

Birdsville races and Kimberly, I have heard so much about both and just want to go see it for myself in the next 2 years or so I will take 6 months off and try do as much as possible.

If time was no object we'd do the lot. Even the stuff we've already done.

We'd meander up the coast in winter and down the coast in summer, head across the top in June-July-August, checking out everything we can. We'd stay in interesting places for as long as it took to explore it to our satisfaction and move on.

Simpson Desert (Oodnadatta to Birdsville), Canning Stock Route, High Country, Cape York, Kimberly (Broom to Kununarra). yeah, pretty much all of it!

Will probably do the Simpson in the next year or so, so thats what i'll be crossing off the list first.

Doing one of my one of my Wish list runs mid year. The Canning Stock Route. Love to go any where really. Tasmania, Cape York, Arnhem land, Blue mountains.

Chris

Tasmania for me! Mainly because I know I wouldn't be doing it alone ;)
The Kimberlies and The Cape would also be nice, oh and The Simpson and, and .............

Cheers Brad

Head up the center and head west taking in the Birdsvile, southern NT, THe Kimberly, Kakadu, The Pilbra. Then head down south head east going across the simpson before gettiing home and saying stuff this and head of agian. Taking around 6-12 months to do it properly and away from the main tourist places.

Nick - I love 'MY' sunburnt country.

I'm interested to know (and please please please don't take offense at such questioning I just have a thirst for knowledge) why someones chooses this as a first post and asks for such defined detail. It's not school time so school projects aren't likely and as Aido referred it's very survey like. Just wondering if maybe we are being surveyed without consent by Toyota monthly so they can see our driving habits and ambush us to keep Hilux numbers up and Nav numbers down.

Once again please please please don't take offense because I didn't answer the question I honestly don't mean to offend everyone (some people are a given but not everyone)

Once again please please please don't take offense because I didn't answer the question I honestly don't mean to offend everyone (some people are a given but not everyone)

Too late, I take offence, I'm not sure why, I just want to lol

Seriously I hadnt even picked that up, does seem wierd, could be perfectly innocent, a lot of poeple read for a long time before posting. Who knows.

Cape york is my big 'must do' drive, if I can do that one and had the chance to do another it would be crossing the simpson.

I'm in the early stages of planning my first big trip outback mid next year. Ballarat - Mildura - Port Augusta up to Ayres Rock, then to Alice, across the Plenty to Boulia and then back home through Bouke, Cobar etc. Would like to do Birdsville, Oodnadatta, Tanami etc after building up a bit of experience.

Too late, I take offence, I'm not sure why, I just want to lol

:beer::top::cheers::flowers: There ya go we are all better now

Oh let me just add I'm not suggesting it's not innocent (because that offends) was just a question I thought I'd ask.

Haha

How do you guys manage to get 4 or 5 bloody weeks off to do these trips anyway? I take a day off and the workshop turns to shit.

OH crap it's not Toyota Monthly, it's Great Wall Monthly, teaming up with Mahindra Monthly to rid all 4WD's.

I take a day off and the workshop turns to shit.

Careful that says more about who you hire to do the work than it does about you're ability to take time off, although if your staff aren't Nav drivers you're probably safe.

Latest posts

Back