What donk do I have??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sundowner2

Reaction score
Hi, can anyone tell me which engine I have in my 2012 D40 RX 4x4, I know its a YD25DDTi but is it a 126kw or a 140kw motor?...how can I tell?
Cheers,
Paul

I got a little pamphlet with my car that listed all of the models (2009). I just grabbed Nissan's 2012 brochure and it shows two different motors for the RX: 106kW and 126kW. The first engine is used in the Single Cab 4x4 and Dual Cab 4x2 models. The King Cab 4x4 and Dual Cab 4x4 have the 126kW engine.

Thanks for that...yes I saw that brochure too but the Nissan website states that the 126kw motor was upgraded to 140kw in 2010...there must be some way of determining which motor I actually have, the compliance plate under the hood simply states that the engine is a YD25DDTi, this same designation applies to both the 126 and 140kw engines apparently.

What donk do I have?

Ummm, please dont take this the wrong way but if my compliance plate told me what the engines power output is would I really be asking on here???

Ummm, please dont take this the wrong way but if my compliance plate told me what the engines power output is would I really be asking on here???

yours is the 126kw only the Spain models use the updated 140kw version

you can tell from the EGR and the Turbo, probably the easiest way to tell is the angle the intercooler pipe comes off the turbo, the 140Kw pipe will be at an upward angle where as the 126kw will be flat, if you drop in at a Nissan dealer and pop the hood on a ST you will see the difference im talking about straight away

Maybe I should rephrase my question....does Nissan have a code to differentiate between the YD25DDTi engine that produces 126kw and the YD25DDTi engine that produces 140kw?, I am making an assumption that there is probably a design difference between these two motors, be it a simple dimensional difference, ie greater compression ratio, different stroke or something more significant....either way it seems to me that one should be able to identify which engine is which.

Maybe I should rephrase my question....does Nissan have a code to differentiate between the YD25DDTi engine that produces 126kw and the YD25DDTi engine that produces 140kw?, I am making an assumption that there is probably a design difference between these two motors, be it a simple dimensional difference, ie greater compression ratio, different stroke or something more significant....either way it seems to me that one should be able to identify which engine is which.

Its the Turbo & ECU program.

The 126 has a vacuum controlled turbo.

The 140 has an electric controlled turbo.

Ok...thanks, so apart from the turbos being different what else?

They have a totally different cylinder head as well as the turbo and exhaust, also has a different EGR valve set up (slightly different location) and the tune of the ECU

Latest posts

Back