Vsc giving me grief

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pat_sens

Reaction score
I have a 2012 D40 rx dual cab. I am wondering if any one could help me with a problem that I'm having. Recently removed the tub and put tray off old truck on. Installed tough dog 500kg constant load suspension kit to rear and heavy duty springs with big bore struts to front. I carry a constant load daily. Load is tools of trade and stock. Very heavy. Now the stability control or abs not sure which one, engages around corners. I have a switch that turns traction control off but not the stability control. Have had wheel alignment done and abs sensors checked and reset. This didn't help. Would like to stop this as it is very annoying and unsafe.

Welcome to the forum!

When you say that it engages around corners, what kind of road surface are you referring to, and what kind of relative speeds are involved? For example, "sealed road, advisory 65km/h taken at 75km/h".

I had a drive of the STX550 on several surfaces and didn't find any issues with it, although I wasn't pushing it hard and the worst I had was a load full of garbage from the Muster site. Some that do take these cars off-road hate the traction control but others have learned that if you give the traction control a couple of seconds, it's actually quite effective at transferring power to the wheel on the ground.

How heavy is it settling on the rear? There is a brake compensator on mine that works on ride height, I'm not sure if that's fitted to yours (being a later model) so that could be something to look at too.

Also if the vehicle has been wheel aligned or had alignment issues the steering angle sensor calibration needs resetting. A mis-alignment of the SAS will cause the VDC fault

seventies47 is on the money i think it's got somthing to do with the steering sensors, except mine did it when i drove staight and the the vdc setup thought i was turning a corner and this was after a wheel alignment.

Have had it from new. Drive on sealed roads only. Have had another alignment done at another shop. Still no better. With vsc turned off be chile drives fine but if I break around a sweeping corner vsc still activates.

I have a 2012 D40 rx dual cab. I am wondering if any one could help me with a problem that I'm having. Recently removed the tub and put tray off old truck on. Installed tough dog 500kg constant load suspension kit to rear and heavy duty springs with big bore struts to front. I carry a constant load daily. Load is tools of trade and stock. Very heavy. Now the stability control or abs not sure which one, engages around corners. I have a switch that turns traction control off but not the stability control. Have had wheel alignment done and abs sensors checked and reset. This didn't help. Would like to stop this as it is very annoying and unsafe.

Ok 1st you sure it's and rx and not a st? And what lights do you have come up on the dash when it kicks in. As it sounds Like the active LSD on is kicking in not the VDC but only the St up came with the active lsd

Latest posts

Back