VK56DE into D40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badcmpny_d40

Reaction score
hi guys,
wondering if anybody knows of anybody transferring the new VK56DE outta the new patrol into the new d40?

don't get me wrong the v6 turbo diesel isn't a bad motor plenty of torque power and not bad fuel economy but it aint no v8.

Any v8 would be nice to have in it be it diesel or petrol.

Any help would be great cheer.

Not that I have seen mate I had a play from the lights a few wks ago it was all noise and weight in the troll it roared and bucked but I left him just

I know one of the guys in the US tried to put a VK56DE in a D40 Frontier and the physical work wasnt too difficult as far as fitting it into the truck. The hard part was the wiring. It would almost be easier to take the complete front clip from a Titan and try to fit that into a D40 as far as the wiring and electronics was concerned from what I saw him go through.And our wiring is different to the Frontiers so you would have to start again from scratch .
That being said Id be the next to do it after you sort it out lol.

Found the post from ClubFrontier.org
http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f23/how-2nd-gen-vk56-swap-143873/

Last edited:
Not that I have seen mate I had a play from the lights a few wks ago it was all noise and weight in the troll it roared and bucked but I left him just

Y62 Patrol is a much quicker car(truck) than a D22 Navara :) He definitely wasn't trying ...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back