VH45 into a D22 Navara

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paladin

Reaction score
Gents

Im looking at the possibility of putting a VH45 into a D22.

Now i know theres a conversion kit on the market. I have also put a VH45 into an S14 before so i know how big they are and after helping my brother fit a VG30DETT into a D22 i think it can be done quite easily.

Question is what gearbox.

From memory the 3.0 Nav box bell housing is interchangeable with a 300zx one and theres a conversion plate in the US for $200 that allows a direct bolt up....thats what we did with the S14.

Theres also the marks Kit that goes to a Patrol gear box.

Question is what gearbox would suit best. A patrol one or the nav one.

and if the patrol gearbox has any one fitted one before? what issue came up. I did a quick search and couldnt come up with much on that topic.

I will be doing this ether way just after some advice :big_smile:

Ill start a build thread once i can find a shell to start with

You need to check what emissions standard the VH45 is built to comply with, versus what standards applied when the D22 you are modifying was born, but I'm sure you are aware of all that stuff.

I think the FS5R50A from the Patrol TD42/TB42 is too big for a standard D22, with tunnel massaging and a body lift you might get it to fit. I guess a FS5R30A (ZD30 Patrol, ZD30 D22, VG30E D22) would be able to handle the curry from a stock VH45, it can handle the VG30DETT.

If I were doing this swap, I'd be looking into the automatic that is usually bolted to the VH45, I've heard it's the same auto that is in the Patrol so by some combination of Patrol/D22/custom bits you might be able to get it to mate with a TX10A transfer case.

Id go the GU box, with a body lift it fits.
PM Joshy as he has one behind his ZD30.

Dave.

I think the FS5R50A from the Patrol TD42/TB42 is too big for a standard D22, with tunnel massaging and a body lift you might get it to fit. I guess a FS5R30A (ZD30 Patrol, ZD30 D22, VG30E D22) would be able to handle the curry from a stock VH45, it can handle the VG30DETT.

Zd30 patrol has the same gearbox as the 4.2.
IRC patrol 2.8 is the same box as the navara's and is a fair bit smaller and considered weaker.

^^^^

Speaking of which, I only just stumbled across the slightly older thread on the 4WD Action forums with the bloke sticking a D22 body onto a ford F250 chassis. Sorry, he's using the engine/trans/diffs/axles/electrics etc from the F250, and built his own bloody chassis FFS!. Unbloody believable. I'm only halfway through it playing catchup, but its incredible.

Back on topic, sorry :dancing:

Ray that thread has been there a while, its a long read but worth it.

I cant believe half the shit he has made for it.

Dave.

Latest posts

Back