UHF Wiring ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozzkev

Reaction score
hi guys just bout to install UHF any thoughts as to where to easily access the power supply i was thinking of going straight to the battery if anyone has done this where is the best place to run the anteena cable and the power cable from the inside of the vehicle

Cheers Kev

I spliced into the headunit power for the uhf and ran the antenna cable through a rubber grommet that is located right next to the steering column (i think it is from memory), it is easily accessable from both the engine bay and the drivers side foot well for running cable etc. But this was on a 2005 Japan built D22 (not sure what model navara you have, so not sure if the d40 or thai built d22s are any different for the grommet)

hope this helps

i just took the power off the back of the cig outlet on the dash and ran the cable through the grommet on the pass side in the footwell, bit of a prick of a spot to get too, also unsolder the conecting part for the antenna itself to get it through the firewall then resolder it back on

Just depends on whether you want a switched outlet or not..ie the ignition key needs to be turned onto acc or not.

If you going straight to the battery just find a hole in the firewall and poke your wires through, it's really just a 2 min job. Which side of the firewall really depends where you want to mount things, mines powered by the AUX battery and the antenna is on the passenger side front panel so passenger side firewall was easy but there is holes and grommets on the drivers side as well.

Latest posts

Back