towbar differences

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

500 ford

Reaction score
Hi I have a 2010 D40 ST which I just purchased, I need to purchase a towbar I have found a few second hand just need to know is there a difference in towbars between the Thai and Spanish built? I have found one second hand off a 2012 ST ( Spanish built) I rang 2 Nissan dealers one said it would fit the other said NO, now I am confused can anyone help!
thanks in advance
Shane

The chassis rails at the front are a different distance apart, so bullbars won't fit from one to the other. I cannot see that they'd do anything different at the rear - so I doubt they'd fit.

Thanks for the response Tony, I just had a look on Haymen reece and it only lists 2 towbars for 2010 on one with and one without rear step. They do list a different towing set up for the 5th wheel for thai and Spanish builds.
Thinking I might call them tomorrow and ask them ( I believe they are the ones who built the towbars for Nissan)
thanks
Shane

That's true - they do produce the unbranded towbars for Nissan.

Don't accept the wrong item from them: your towbar has to have 5 bolts on each side, 3 horizontally through each chassis rail and two vertically (so that's 10 bolts in all). If you don't have this, there's a chance that your chassis will crack (there was a vehicle recall on this) and there's no chance that you'll be able to use a weight distribution hitch.

I think it's high time I got around to finishing that towing FAQ!

HI just thought I would let everybody know that the tow bars are the same I just fitted a Spain tow bar to my Thai built car had no problems.
thanks
Shane

Latest posts

Back