The good life

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calcal

Reaction score
Nothing beats throwing the rods off the back of the nav, 5 carp and 1 eel and drinking jack daniels with the boys. Great day!!
IMG_0089.jpg

IMG_0091.jpg

IMG_0090.jpg

Good fishing, pity they are carp and eel, although atleast eel has it's uses there aren't many uses for crap other than to line the bins with.

we were hoping for red fin but luck didnt go our way. but still, was a top day

Carp down this way are usually good fighters, although short fighters, but they are terrible fish and I believe they are the only fish that must be killed and not returned to the water, although maybe that is only down here and not in all Victorian water ways. They really spelt their name wrong.

its a $25,000 fine if you get caught releasing them back into the water, so they went in the bin. and too true with the name!!!!

I've just been in Prague for a few days (in sunny England on holiday at the mo) and learned that the traditional Christmas lunch in the Czech republic is Carp with some sort of vegies. Think i'll stick to Turkey & Ham!

Japs love crap, but they are invading just about every river system in the world because some idiots in their infinite wisdom at one stage thought they'd be good to kull something else, just like cane toads and mossies.

If you want to see some massive carp check out the silver carp in Illinois where they are in such plague proportions fish from 10cm to 40cm jump, into the air, into the boat and or into people as they hear the sound of the outboards.

Thankfully we haven't got them that bad here yet and thankfully calcal you are doing you bit to get rid of them :big_smile: What did you do with the eel?

Japs love crap, but they are invading just about every river system in the world because some idiots in their infinite wisdom at one stage thought they'd be good to kull something else, just like cane toads and mossies.

If you want to see some massive carp check out the silver carp in Illinois where they are in such plague proportions fish from 10cm to 40cm jump, into the air, into the boat and or into people as they hear the sound of the outboards.

Thankfully we haven't got them that bad here yet and thankfully calcal you are doing you bit to get rid of them :big_smile: What did you do with the eel?

just scaring people with it lol

have any of you actually tasted carp?
or are you all going by misguided hearsay?
go to Europe to a top class restaurant and be surprised by what you get dished up,in a good way..
the only draw back is the squilion bones and not the taste..

I've just been in Prague for a few days (in sunny England on holiday at the mo) and learned that the traditional Christmas lunch in the Czech republic is Carp with some sort of vegies. Think i'll stick to Turkey & Ham!

Nice city. Don't forget to check out the Pilsner. The Czechs seem to know what there doing with it:)

Europeans eat snails and kiwis eye sheep balls, just cause people eat it doesn't mean it tastes good :ha:

Freshwater eels are brilliant surf bait, they need to be fresh, frozen does work at times but fresh is best and they need a little injection before they kick the bucket but they are killer bait on surf beaches down here, we used to fish the creeks solely for eels 2 and 3 days before trips to the beach.

Europeans eat snails and kiwis eye sheep balls, just cause people eat it doesn't mean it tastes good :ha:

Freshwater eels are brilliant surf bait, they need to be fresh, frozen does work at times but fresh is best and they need a little injection before they kick the bucket but they are killer bait on surf beaches down here, we used to fish the creeks solely for eels 2 and 3 days before trips to the beach.

hrmm, now your making me think i shouldnt have threw it away because im going great ocean road tomorrow for a fishing day with the fellas

It's ok it's probably too late for eels to work really well as bait you need aniseed and you need to inject it while they are live so the aniseed works through the blood stream.

Latest posts

Back