Sydney 4x4 track

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Gopha

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Iv just bought a d40 st and am looking for some pretty easy trails around Sydney to cut my teeth on. I have had barely any experience 4 wheeling and am looking to do a trip to nowra soon but would like some practice first so could someone advise a good place 4 a day trip pretty easy goin tho?

Thanks

Nick

Depends on the kind of 4WDing you are looking for, how far you're willing to travel and what side of Sydney you're on.

North of Sydney near Ourimbah you'll find the Watagan State Forest. Graded dirt roads with some challenging areas in wet weather. I would think they'd be fairly solid at the moment, but give it a couple of days' worth of rain and there are several places that get muddy in there.

If you want to do rock-climbing, where you have to choose your line and be fairly conscious of wheel placement and power usage, try the Yengo National Park - Howes Valley Fire Trail. Turn left just north of the Wollombi pub and follow the road - don't turn off - it's very easy road until you find the trail, then it becomes a challenge.

There are some tracks out Camden/Appin way as well, but I don't know those.

You might need to consider some recovery gear and at the very least have recovery points installed on your vehicle.

I found a nice camp site at Sunny corner, just past lithgow, some pretty good tracks leading in there, easy day trip, better if you camp.
I'm well overdue another trip out there so give me a shout if you want to tag along.

Oh yeah, I posted a thread in 'trips & touring' section on titled Sunny Corner Dec something, have a squiz, I made very hard work of easy tracks, a stock car would get through no probs.

also, I picked up a book at Borders called '4wd trips close to Sydney' not a bad read, but most of them are suitable for Rav4's and the like

Latest posts

Back